“Pricey Fish”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 340 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Higgins Rd and Rt. 53, I-290 and I-355
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went for my wife's birthday. This was our second visit to this restaurant. Our waiter was knowledgable, helpful with choices, and appropriately attentive. The room was active, but not congested. Our was very good, but not exceptional. I feel the prices are extremely elevated for the product. We had a gift card from Christmas. It would be out of our dining budget to frequent this establishment regularly.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food (menu, freshness, quality) and service are absolutely top of the line here. Crab cakes are some of the best, plenty of crab & very little filler. Try the brussels sprouts side dish.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place to gather with family or friends. My husband and I have been regulars since the place opened and it's as good today as when it first opened.We enjoy sitting at the oyster bar enjoying a drink with our sampler of oysters. The King Crab Legs are terrific and a must to try.
We've had just about everything on the menu and would recommend it all to anyone.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I've enjoyed the downtown house for years! My dinning here in Schaumburg was "so so". I ordered the clam chowder, cold and tasteless! The wait staff offered to try the Gumbo, it was fine after adding Tabasco to give it some spice! The sour dough bread was also cold and "old". My entree was very good! Fresh Walleye with a bit of crab meat. Overall experience was okay, but my expectations was reflective form "downtown". Schaumburg, step it up!!!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Freshness is everything in a seafood restaurant. This place can now claim to equal its famed downtown parent even on its superb oyster offerings. The parking is easier too.