“Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 318 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Higgins Rd and Rt. 53, I-290 and I-355
Chicago, Illinois
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is special to my husband and I. We treat ourselves to a seafood dinner every birthday. We went for lunch for the first time. It was just as delicious as dinner. We also recommend the Sunday Brunch. It is truly amazing. Check out their Facebook page or website for pictures and what they serve. This is the best seafood you can get without going to the ocean. They are definitely worth the expense.

Visited July 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was impressed with Shaws as I didn't quite know what to expect of a nice seafood restaurant in the suburbs located right outside of a mall. Especially a seafood place in the mid western suburbs - how DO they get fresh fish and crabs and lobsters out here? I was expecting a more upscale Red Lobster - white hairs enjoying a 5 o'clock dinner in a quiet room with attentive waiters and expensive drinks. But, I was wrong!

Every time I have come to Shaws it has been for a large "family" lunches or dinner. Every time the service has been exceptional. The waiters were always checking up on us and assisted the elderly as well as the rambunctious 3-year old. (they offered her crayons and a coloring book as well as picture books) She was also entertained by the friendly front hostess and the lobster tank next to the hostess station.

The only seafood I really like is Crab, and I have really enjoyed their crab cakes (impressive coming from a previous resident of Annapolis, queen of crab cakes!) and their chilled Alaskan crab bites. The crab dip was only so-so.

Family members did enjoy other seafood selections including the lobster bisque, lobster roll, oysters, and the scallops. I tried the sushi here once and was really surprised how fresh it was! They have a pretty large sushi menu.

I prefer the dining room, reminiscent of a 40's suave lounge. A little bit of a more upscale dining experience. But, the oyster bar has a fun art deco ambiance that is laid back and offers specials.

The cocktails are overpriced, as well as some of the menu items, but could be worth it for a special dinner I suppose, but your bill can really add up here!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great dinner after a long car ride!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Restaurant was a bit cold so we asked to be seated outside. Very comfortable with an excellent wait staff! They were very attentive and got us our drinks right away. Martinis with hand stuffed blue cheese olives! Seafood was fresh and delicious. I really don't have a bad thing to say. Excellent dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, wonderful atomsphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Shaw's Crab House in Shaumburg is always crowded so make a reservation if you don't want to wait. Eat in the raw bar, same food but great old fashioned atmosphere. The staff is very knowledgeable about the items on the menu, so if you're having trouble deciding on which scrumptious dish to try, just ask. You won't be disappointed at Shaw's

• Visited June 2013
“ok.. have had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Food was okay.. have had better.. for the price I didnt see the value but.. I wasnt paying but having had the "assorted trio" I was still hungry after dinner.

Visited June 2013