“Very nice ambiance, but steak was just OK”

Chicago Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 339 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Meacham Rd.
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The place looks very hospitable, low lights, not too noisy, lot of dark wood paneling, a great tinted glass wall with a beautiful representation of a Chicago evening landscape. Everything welcomes you warmly. Service is OK - looks like they are doing an effort to be friendly but do not fully succeed with that. Salad was OK, and filet au poivre was just OK; meat was cooked properly, but a bit chewy (would expect much more from a filet). Wild rice was very good, Mushrooms and asparagus sides were OK. Creme brulee was excellent, other dessert was so so. Wine not too pricey, decent selection. The Malbec was good, but not memorable.

1  Thank pieroinusa

Reviewed April 29, 2014

You can't go wrong here...fine dining at it's best. If your looking for an incredible meal whether it's steak or seafood -this is the place to be.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Went there on a Saturday night with a large group of friends. Everything was nice from beginning to end. I ordered a dirty martini and it was made to perfection. We had their oysters, calamari, lobster bisque soup and I had their 10 oz filet mignon. The service was nice to us, never rushed us at any point and we're very attentive. All of it was excellent! If you're ok paying hefty for some great food and service then this is the place for you! I can't afford to go often but I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank strelkmd
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I ordered a porterhouse steak medium done, It was well prepared, The meat was pink just to my liking. It was just delicious.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to the restaurant because it was centrally located to the friends house we were meeting there. I needed a place with fine dining, where three old friends could talk about the past 20 years that had gone by since we have last seen each other! Chicago Prime was perfect. Tony our waiter was excellent. Attentive yet not overbearing. His recommendations were spot on!! We got to catch up, we laughed and eat a great steak with an old friend. I actually was surprising my husband with this place and the friend , My plan worked!!

1  Thank donna007_8