“Don't waste your time or money”

Chicago Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 333 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Meacham Rd.
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Staff could care less about welcoming their clientele and providing hospitable service. No one said hello. No one said good bye. No one said we appreciate your business. Took 10 minutes before the waiter approached me and then he was abrupt and acted like i was a nuisance. Asked for lemon for my water and a straw and didn't get it until I asked for it again. Now let's talk about the food. I am a steak connaisseur. The steak was hardly edible. I traditionally order strips rare. Their's was flavorless and fiberous. Very difficult to chew. And don't pour au jus on my steak! Good quality steaks that are prepared correctly don't need the cover up. The spinach salad was mediocre. Nothing even close to the spinach salad at Wildfire down the street and this place charged twice the price. The bread and butter was standard fare. The best thing about the place was the lounge singer. He was awesome. In the area I would highly recommend Sam and Harry's for a high end steak. Wildfire if you are wanting an excellent meal with more variety and less expense.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went here with a larger work group and had mixed reviews across the table. We had to send back 1 steak for being overcooked (which is double bad as it is their signature) and 1 appetizer came 10min after we finished the others. The rest of the table's food ranged from awesome to good. The decor is nice although the restaurant is a little tough to find.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Schaumburg has quite a few steak houses, but Chicago Prime is really one of a couple "fine dining" restaurant out of the bunch. The other steak houses have a casual vibe. Of course, this is not a bad thing.

For example, I love Wildfire, but it's a factory and more on the club house atmosphere.

If you dine here, ask for the server Armon. He's the best. He does amazing impressions like, John Travolta, Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson. I never get sick of it.

For food, the steak is prime. I like the bone if filet, but all the players get the cowboy cut, which I believe is the bone in rib eye. My personal favorites are: the Thai buffalo shrimp, macadamia crusted halibut and the keylime pie.

Btw, how is Portillo's the best restaurant in Schaumburg? It's a fast food joint.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Once arriving for our dinner reservations at 4:30 we we're informed that the main dining area was not open yet would the bar be satisfactory? Have to admit I was really leary. It was our anniversary and I didn't want a bar enviroment. However, since we we're early the place was not busy at all and the bar had the same menu available and decorated nicely. Dinner was good but not great in comparison to the price. We had Bacon Sticks for an appetizer, I had the filet medallions with the cognace mushroom sauce, and my husband had the 13oz filet. They were excellent about making sure we were able to make it to our Blue Man Group reservations in downtown by 7pm. Since they were aware it was our anniversary they surprised us with a complimentary Tiramsu. Usually, I don't like tiramsu since I'm not a coffee drinker however, my husband and I both said it was delish. The staff was impeccable. =) Also our bill for two with one beer and a coke in addition to our dinner came to 104.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Average atmosphere, food is fine, excellent service. However, ordered my Filet Mignon 'medium-rare', but it was pretty much medium - excellent and very tender meat. There was a singer in the bar that was singing to a CD... really not impressive - just play regular CDs or hire a real band! Would I return to this place - yes. But I would also try some other ones.