“Decent enough”

Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We got a very good rate at this hotel. Plenty of free parking. Check in was super...we arrived early, No problem! Very courteous staff at the front desk. Room was clean, fairly spacious, and everything in working order. Nice workout area. Pool VERY small and filled with kids (not hotel's fault) but too small to even enjoy. Hot tub was nice (not too much smaller than the main pool) and area was clean. We were there in the early afternoon and towels had all been used...none replaced. The lobby is gorgeous! Fresh coffee 24 hours/day. Very appreciated. Conveniently located near Woodfield Mall, IKEA and many other shopping areas and restaurants. Nice bar area and friendly bartender.

Only snafu...I walked through the vending area located by the front desk with a Bottle of Diet Coke in my hand (purchased at Walmart) and the next morning at checkout there was a charge for a beverage on my bill! Upon questioning, they took it off my bill...I am hoping it was a mistake!

All in all, we had a great time and would stay again but PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE ELEVATOR DOORS!! Fortunately, we had a room at the end of the hall...but they are obnoxious!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Jlwilm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and accommodations. In regards to the elevator doors, that project is definitely in the works, but thank you for sharing that with me. I do hope to have you back in the very near future!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The elevator doors were so noisy I could hear it in my room. After 4 days they still had not fixed it. Service in the restaurant was poor for both Breakfast and supper. Housekeeping was mediocre. Other than that the hotel was fine. Front desk was very helpful. They skimp on coffee in the room. Only 2 coffee bags and one sugar/sweetner.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon Shraga,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit with us. I am truly very sorry that it was not up to your expectations. I would like to have an opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns. I can be reached directly at 224-520-6950 or via email at nicole.coghlan@hilton.com. Again, my sincerest apologies and I hope to have another opportunity to show you what my team can really do. Thank you and have a good day.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Excellent service, front desk staff very polite, very efficient. Nice rooms. Clean bathrooms. TV remote has SLEEP button. Important to me. Breakfast is OK but it could be improved a little. Pleasantly surprised, I expected less for the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service and the hotel cleanliness. Thank you for sharing that. I am sorry that the restaurant was not up to your expectations. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, I can be reached directly at 224-520-6950 or via email at nicole.coghlan@hilton.com. Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I can't think of a single negative to say about the hotel. The staff goes out of their way to provide great service, the property is immaculate, rooms are nicely furnished, convenient location, pool and everything met or exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Choose a south facing room for a decent view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Good Afternoon Tempe Sun Devil,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your visit with us. I will be sure to share your comments with my team to congratulate them on a job well done! I certainly hope to you have back at our hotel in the very near future!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

More of a business-oriented traveler than family-friendly hotel. Breakfast was not included in the price quoted over the phone. $11.95/person for the buffet. Our room on the 5th floor was quiet, clean, and neat. Elevator doors were loud! They sounded like pencil sharpeners when they opened and closed. Desk staff were professional and helpful which was nice. More of a modern than cozy lobby. Very close to Woodfield Mall, though, which was convenient! Beds are comfy. Nice hotel but nothing especially out of the ordinary.

Stayed: April 2014

Good Afternoon Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am glad that your found our staff to be professional friendly. Thank you for sharing that. I do hope we have another opportunity to be of service to you again and this time, show that we have an extraordinary staff that can make your stay extraordinary.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Price was reasonable. Service was exceptional. We checked in was greeted by a wonderful front desk clerk. The facility was clean....the pool was warm....the shower was nice as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Dkolditz,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! My team will love hearing this one so I sincerely appreciate your time and kind comments. We look forward to having you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Check-in at this hotel was great- it was fast, easy, and the front desk clerk even offered a list of restaurants for us when she found out we were looking for someplace to go for supper. However, the greatness ended there. The furnishings and decor are run-down and just okay, my bed wasn't even made properly as the mattress was exposed and I had to re-make my bed. The pool is very small. Housekeeping yelled back and forth to each other in the morning while cleaning, waking my daughter and I up on our vacation. I will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sonja,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit with us. I am so very sorry we failed you. Should you wish to discuss your visit with me, I can be reached at 224-520-6950 or via email at nicole.coghlan@hilton.com. I truly hope to hear from you and even more so, hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again. Have a good day.