“Great Hotel, Excellent Location!”

Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Michigan
“Great Hotel, Excellent Location!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Thi si sa great Hotel. Very clean and extremely good. It's located in prime area of Schaumburg about 1 mile from Legoland Discovery center. Their Legoland package is a great rate. Thi sHotel loses 1 star because it's ala carte breakfast is not that great. And they don't have any vegan or gluten free options. Also, they do not carry organics fruits for breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay on 5th or 6th floor away from the Elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGISchaumburgManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! The Hilton Garden Inn brand provides our guests with the option for a paid full cook to order breakfast, including eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, bacon, potatoes and self serve fruits, breads, cereals, and pastries on our buffet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding with group of people occupying almost 50 rooms. The staff at this location definitely represents best customer service, Lauren and Oscar are the greatest assets to the hotel.Rooms are very neat and clean. Beds here are very comfortable. We checked in almost 200 people but they handled everything very smoothly and without any hassle. Best place to stay in that Area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
Reviewed August 13, 2012

When I tried to book a hotel in Chicago, I was shocked at the cost to stay downtown. Therefore, I opted to stay in the suburbs and take the train in to explore the city. The Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg is a bit out of the way. However, the shopping mall in walking distance (2nd largest mall in America) and the hotel staff made it a place that I will definitely return. I spent three nights in this hotel with two full days to explore the city. On the first day, I was tired from my journey, so I stayed close to the hotel and went to Woodfield Mall, which provided hours of entertainment. Afterwards, I was able to walk to the Barleycorn, where I was able to have a few drinks and met the very friendly locals. On the second day, I took a 12 dollar taxi to the nearest train station and paid 7 dollars for a weekend train pass. The train was a fun experience and takes you into the heart of Chicago. From there, I was able to walk to see all of the city's highlights. The hotel staff were superb. They organised pizza delivery when I arrived to the hotel very late on the first night after a long flight. Nicole in particular made me feel incredibly welcome after a nightmare experience in O'Hare. They called taxis for me when I was going to the train station and organised a taxi to collect me on my return. They offered me maps and suggestions of places in the local area that I could meet local people. And, they were always warm and friendly. The hotel rooms were in very good condition and very clean. They offered all of the amenities I would expect such as wifi, toiletries, coffee, fridge and microwave. I will definitely come back here, especially to go shopping at the mall nearby. If you are coming from O'Hare by taxi, go to the Tourist Information Interactive Phone/Screen post in Terminal 2 by exit E. Call the Real American Taxi company. They charge 30.00 to the hotel as opposed to the minimum of 45.00 the other companies I called tried to charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SunshineinLondon
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Near the mall and all the restaurants, plus Ikea home furnishing giant. It was a Friday thus toward a weekend, and the place was very busy and a bit noisy. We had to wait upon check-in, apparently there was only one personnel doing everything. While it was passed dinner time, but it was definitely not late. They could've installed another person at the front desk.
Also, my Hilton Honors profile would always be high floors and near elevator, this time they really forgot it!

Cincinnati
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We needed an affordable place outside the city, and near O'Hare. This suited our needs nicely. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. The bed was the most comfortable I've experieced in quite some time -- even at higher-priced hotels. The room had a fridge, which was nice. Our seven-year-old daughter enjoyed the pool. We did not try the restaurant. The hotel is really close to Ikea, and many restaurants.

1 Thank Travelmama13
Smalltown USA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great service, clean rooms, very comfortable beds - slept like a rock! Beautiful hotel. Pool is small, but hot tub was wonderful- chemicals seemed nice and balanced. Very enjoyable stay at a reasonable price. I would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HGISchaumburgManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your weekend out and still got the rest you needed. Thank you for staying with us.
St.Louis
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn, Schaumburg in July 2012. We typically stay at a competing hotel in the area, but at the time we booked, the Hilton Garden Inn was $20 cheaper than our usual accommodations, so we decided to give it a try.

There is nothing particularly remarkable about the hotel. The lobby is generally attractive and well kept. Our room seemed clean, up-to-date, reasonably attractive, and the bed was comfortable. The pillows, however, were disappointing and very flat.

The king room we stayed in had a shower stall with glass doors, as opposed to a tub. The layout in the bathroom, however, was not ideal. The shower door is very close to the toilet and you must actually step into the shower in order to turn on the water – thereby ensuring an initial cold shock. The water pressure was great, though! If you plan to use the hairdryer, be forewarned…you know how they make children’s working toys like scaled down models of the real thing? By that comparison, this was the Easy Bake Oven of hairdryers! It had no power and did not get very hot. I wished I had brought mine from home.

Even though the room had temperature controls on the wall, it seemed to always fluctuate between too warm and too cool in the room. I also noticed a faint odor of dampness throughout our stay. Not an overpowering mildew smell, but definitely a damp odor.

There was a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room, as well as plenty of glasses and two mugs for coffee. Toiletry items were top notch – Neutrogena soap was a nice surprise. Bath towels were not only clean, but very fluffy and soft.

Hotel does have a dining area that serves breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is not complimentary, however.

Overall, it was a good room for the price. The hotel seems to be in a safe area and is very close to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping mall and Ikea. I would recommend it for those traveling to the area on a budget.

1 Thank Chippi1