All reviews a long road trip big fridge good points breakfast sandwich waffle maker boiled eggs veal dishes woodfield mall water pressure waffles business travel awesome stay decent size long stay fresh fruit upon check breakfast bar
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Nice hotel very good location nearby Woodfield Mall and I-90 also not far from Zurich Insurance. Nice rooms and a quality breakfast probably a bit nicer than a Hampton Inn breakfast. Another solid Hilton property and a good place for business travel and vacation. Business Park type area and close to numerous restaurants.

Stayed: August 2018
LukeC1300, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Timothy L -

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback! We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you home again soon! The next time your travels bring you to the Schaumburg area please reach out directly at 847-413-2388 and we would love to make sure you are set up for another wonderful stay.

Thank you Timothy L!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We were very fortunate to sell our home very quickly, but had very little time to figure out where to live until our new home was ready! I am a Hilton Gold member and love Hiltons so this one rose to the top when I was scouting extended stay hotels out in the northwest suburbs. We lived there for 22 days. Great location on a quiet but conveniently located and safe street near Woodfield mall. The location is incredible- you are in food heaven with so many restaurants nearby- but more on that later . . .

Free, plentiful parking, well lit. Beautiful, modern and bright lobby. Reliable and quiet elevators. Very nice indoor pool. Small workout room and a small laundry center (75 cents/load). Our room was fine. Two queen beds, good workstation space for 2 people, vinyl sofa with a table you could pull out from a wall for meals. Well thought out overall with smart furniture design. The kitchen area had a full size fridge, dishwasher, toaster, microwave and was stocked with eating utensils, bowls, dishes, small coffee maker. I requested an induction burner where I made eggs a few times because I was not a big fan of the free breakfast.This is an area for improvement since if I would have eaten the microwaved breakfast sandwiches (on croissants) and waffles every day I would have left 10 pounds heavier! They did have yogurt and cereal too, but it is nice to have a hot breakfast to start the day.

The bathroom was great with a walk in shower with excellent water pressure. Lots of storage cabinets too for our toiletries.

Some tips: Bring your own shampoo, conditioner since the Neutrogena in the wall dispensers can be drying. I brought my own blow dryer too, even tho they provided one.

As I mentioned earlier, you have so many restaurant choices in the area. Don't miss the Protein Bar for great tasting, healthy salads and bowls, Weber grill for great burgers and grilled chicken, Bar Louie for amazing happy hour specials from 4 - 7, and if you don't mind driving a few miles- Chef Ping for the best Chinese food in the Chicago area!

The staff was very friendly - especially the wonderful housekeepers who were always around and always ready to supply extra towels, toilet paper, etc.

Overall a great experience. Only disappointment was you only get half the Hilton points, which I didn't know until we checked out.

HIghly recommend!

Room Tip: Fourth Floor was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Great place for the family.Took the family for a weekend and was very impressed with the hotel and the staff. Rooms were very spacious and very clean. Close to the downtown area and lots of restaurants and shopping places. Beautiful mall and downtown.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
LukeC1300, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Eowotey -

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, it was such a pleasure to host you and your family on your weekend get away. The next time your travels bring you to the Schaumburg area please contact me directly at 847-413-2388 so I can make sure everything is set up for another wonderful visit!

Thank you Eowotey!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Great choice for families! The general manager & staff are all very friendly & accommodating. The kitchenettes include a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, real plates/cups/etc. The on-site washer/dryers are inexpensive and hold a lot of clothing. Very close to the Woodfield Mall for rainy day outings or shopping needs. Families with babies/toddlers should be aware that there are no bathtubs; only shower stalls. This hotel is also good for solo travelers on a budget - take the free hotel shuttle Monday-Friday to the nearby grocery store, stock up and save your dining $$. On the weekends, take a taxi (or alternative) to the train station. From there, you can purchase a weekend pass to/from Chicago for only $10 while on the train or with the Ventra app. I appreciated Home 2's attempts to conserve resources through their building design and housekeeping practices. A soak in the warm saline pool is lovely. The Wi-Fi was been fast & reliable (a first for any hotel I've tried) and the TV has a full array of channels. The fitness center is clean and well-equipped. Although there isn't an on-site restaurant or bar, there is no shortage of great dining options nearby. Across the street is the amazing Weber Grill (best burger I've had in ages). Finally, the hotel provides a decent complimentary breakfast each morning and, for anyone seeking a heartier start to the day, the Egg Harbor Cafe is right next door.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business

Dawn M -

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It was such a pleasure to have you here with us while you were visiting the Schaumburg area. We are thrilled to see you were able to take advantage of some of the wonderful amenities we offer here at the Home2 Suites Chicago/Schaumburg! The next time you are planning a trip to the Schaumburg area please contact me directly at 847-413-2388 so I can make sure everything is set up for another wonderful stay!

Thank you Dawn M!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This is definitely one of the best hotels i have ever stayed it gave me the comfort of home and the feel of a vacation with first class service and guest experience. The staff where extremely friendly accomodating and always went above and beyond with requests and information.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Smikr2816 -

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review! It is always such a pleasure to have you with us while your travels bring you to the Schaumburg area! On behalf of the whole staff here at the Home2 Suites Chicago/Schaumburg we can't wait to welcome you home again soon!

Thank you Smikr2816!