Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

More Info
from $66.00
More Info
1,509 results
All reviews my son lego creations lego building lego fans lego car three hours kids love a bit pricey fun place an adult spring break bikes builders activity blast lanyard master
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Drove 3 hours to take my Ninjago loving 7 year old during the month of Septemer as they had Ninjago advertised as their main feature. This was very poor advertising. They advertised that you can meet Kai and get an autograph and they would have a maritial arts workshop. We were there for a total of 3.5 hours. Didn't see Kai the first 2 hours we were there. My 7 year old kept asking, so I asked several staff members. Every time I got a different answer. I was first told he walks around every hour, but we had been there for 2 hours by this point and hadn't seen him. Then next person told us he would be out at 1:00 but it was already 2:30 by this point. I kept trying to tell him it was 2:30 and the staff member kept telling me he would be out at 1:00. He didn't quite understand that it was already past 1:00. He was very confused by this. Eventually I started getting frustrated and it felt like they got the janitor to dress in a Kai costume just to make me happy. It was so rushed. My 7 year old met him for 30 seconds before getting scooted off. Never got an autograph. The martial arts class was not existent. I showed one of the staff members my phone with the webside advertising the class and he said I should check the details because often those things to run on the weekend. But the website specifically said Saturday, from 2 to 4. So they quickly opened the class. My child was non the wiser and he had a good time. However, when we left he did say he was suprised at how small the place was and that there was not really much to do. He was right. We were basically done with everything he wanted to do in one hour. He basically walked around for 2 hours just wondering hoping he would run into Kai. The place lacks any organization. The legos they have out to play with are very random and hard to build with. They have a race ramp set up. My child spent 30 minutes trying to find parts to build a car to race down the ramp but the parts were too random. He could not find 4 wheels to put together. I would not recomend this place.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019

Brought my 7 year old daughter. Had a great time. Could have spent a hour just taking in the City of Chicago piece.

Date of experience: August 2019
Susan O, General Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Hi Michael,

We are glad to hear you had such a great time visiting us here at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago and we hope you will come back soon to make more memories with us.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Legoland in Chicago is kind of a mixed bag. The price of admission is a bit steep for the experience. The whole attraction is indoors so don't worry about weather. There are 2 rides. One of the rides puts you in a cart where you can shoot at targets. In the car I had, none of the guns worked. I told the attendant and he put me in another car right away. Only 2 out of 4 of the guns worked. There are reviews from months ago talking about the same problem. The other ride is a flying bike ride and 2 of the 6 cars where not working and from reading reviews haven't been working for months either. There is an indoor play area the kids loved and spent most of their time at. Legoland has multiple lego tables where you can build. There is a "4d" movie that was included but a bit odd. No talking for the whole movie and there were parts of it that seemed to be missing the real life effects. There is a small cafeteria that I didn't eat at. There is also a few car ramps and you can build your own cars and race them down the ramps. That area really needs to be restocked, everyone kept looking for tires. There are a few themed lego displays to walk through, they had the city of Chicago and a little star wars area. Overall if you go to Legoland look for discounts on admission. If you have young kids it's a decent place to spend a few hours but older kids will be bored

Hello,

We appreciate you sharing feedback on your recent visit to our Center and apologize for the disappointments you had during your time here. It is important to us that all our visitors have a memorable experience here and would like to hear more about your recent visit. Rebecca is our Guest Experience Manager and you can reach her at Rebecca.Vaporis@merlinentertainments.biz to share more about your experience and help us to address the concerns. Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your recent trip.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

I have 2 young children and they liked this place. But as a parent who paid the admission wasn’t thrilled. The mini Lego area where you first walk in was cool but 2 of the action buttons didn’t work. Kids were disappointed it did nothing. The kingdom quest ride had a good set up but the laser guns didn’t work so none of us were getting points. The employee told us to try another one and take another ride. That one as well the guns did not work and kids were so disappointed. They said “ I really didn’t like this ride, it didn’t work!”
The bicycle ride had two seats broken so it could only take single riders or none on those. We had to wait longer because the ride was not being used at full capacity.

Overall this place was ok. Not worth the price tag. Kids enjoyed some of it.

I saw on another review the laser guns weren’t working in June so you would think they would be fixed by now?

Won’t be back unless free

Date of experience: August 2019

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are disappointed to hear of the less than memorable experience you had visiting our Center. We want all guests to have a great experience and leave with lasting memories of their trip. If you have any further comments or questions about your visit that we may be able to address, please email Becca at Rebecca.Vaporis@merlinentertainments.biz. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Seems a little expensive for what it is but otherwise is a fun place to visit. The one ride was malfunctioning during our visit so the laser guns didn’t record shooting the targets.

Date of experience: August 2019

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Our goal is for all our guests to have a great experience filled with lasting memories. Our Guest Experience Manager would be interested to hear any further comments or questions about your recent visit, please email Becca at Rebecca.Vaporis@merlinentertainments.biz. Thank you for your time.