“After 3pm online admission was great...”

LEGOLAND Discovery Center
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Schaumburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center and it's like you have just jumped into the world's biggest box of LEGO bricks! This indoor attraction offers 30,000 square feet of LEGO fun including two rides, a 4D movie theater, a build and test zone where kids can build their own LEGO creations, Miniland - the Chicago skyline built from 1 million LEGO bricks, a soft play area, LEGO Pirate Adventure Island, LEGO Factory Tour, Model Builder Workshop, LEGO Shop and Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Huron, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“After 3pm online admission was great...”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall this place was fun and worth the $12 admission we piad by buying online and going after 3pm. I don't think the value would be there for the regular $21 admission or $15.00 online before 3pm admission. For what we paid, we had a blast and got our money's worth.

2 Thank MessNmagic
LDCChicagoteam, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago. We are glad that your family had a good time while visiting our center, as it is our goal to ensure every guest leaves happy. Our online prices are designed to give our guests the best value for money possible, and we strive to add new activities and events to create a happy experience for all. We hope that you choose to visit us again soon.

Albany, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great for Kid not Adults!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you have children this is a great place Legos, Legos! Adults can enjoy the exhibits but other than that it's a kids place! They have a ride again it's a kid ride not for Adults! The Lego Store is great who buys legos by the pound!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Douglas M
LDCChicagoteam, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago. We are glad to hear that your children enjoyed their time and the rides here, and are disappointed we were able to provide the same experience for the adults in your party. We hope to create more interest for adults in future, and hope that we can improve any future visits you may choose have to our site.
Hannibal, Missouri, USA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Nothing exceptional but ok considering it's in a mall.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went online and bought the after 3 passes which made it $36 for three of us. I would definitely order tickets online first. As for the facility itself? It was dirty and in disrepair. I was very disappointed with the 4-D attraction. I suppose if you call having a fan blow on you periodically, then it's 4-D. I think there was suppose to be water, heat and cold at certain parts of the movie, but evidently, it didn't work. The factory tour was kind of weak too. The kids were called to the front, which was great, but parents were just left to stand around because it was impossible to see or really hear. The food area floor was especially dirty. Bathrooms were out of toilet paper and the bag hooks were gone. (I dislike setting my purse on bathroom floors) My son who is 8 did enjoy the place and I'm glad about that. I don't think we would return to this location but it was ok for a one time thing.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center. As an indoor family entertainment destination, we strive to create fun and memorable visits for all of our guests and are disappointed that we weren’t successful in proving such an experience for your family. Cleanliness is a current issue we are focusing on, and we will be working with our team to ensure that the cleanliness of our site is continuously improved upon. We will also be working to better our Factory Tour experience. Thank you for your review, and we hope that should you visit in future, your experience will be much more positive.
murfreesboro, tn
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Better than expected”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I tossed around the idea of taking my 5 1/2 year old to LEGOLAND as I wasn't sure it was going to be worth it, I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered our tickets online and saved about $5 on each admission making it $30 for the 2 of us. When you order tickets, you choose the time that you want to enter, I would definitely suggest doing this. There were people buying tickets who were walking up, but I wanted to be sure we got in at a certain time, so I didn't take that chance. When you order tickets online, you also receive a stationery kit. It is amazing the things they have made out of Lego's starting with the giraffe outside the entrance to Albert Einstein's face inside, very cool! The Chicago skyline was incredible, I just wonder how long it took to build it. I was a little concerned if my son would be scared on the ride, but he wasn't and it is very short. The Lego factory was fun and the 3 d movie was also cool. He had never seen a 3 d movie so it was fun to see him reaching out for the different objects. After these areas, is the play area, including the jungle gym, build a vehicle and race it, build a skyscraper and see if it will stand up to the earthquake, and the ride that you pedal to go up in the air. My son could have stayed in here the rest of the day, but I got him out at the 2 /12 hour mark. He wanted to go back the next day, so he really enjoyed it. If we lived close by, we would definitely buy the yearly pass. I would think it would get old after a while, but I'm not 5 1/2! There is a café in the play area, we didn't get anything as we had just eaten before we went in. Of course you exit through the gift shop, and I'm sure just about everyone makes a purchase before leaving! Would definitely take him again, there is one in Atlanta that we might visit in the future.

1 Thank Tonya
Thank you for your visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago! We are happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed yourselves, especially in regards to the varied and interesting LEGO models we have on site. We strive to create positive and memorable experiences for each and every one of our guests, and hope that your future visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta will be just as pleasant and fun.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for grandkids but buy tickets on line”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We took our 3 grandchildren ages 6, 4 and 3 years of age. They enjoyed it very much. They really liked the rides and lego building zone area. Advice would be to always purchase the tickets on line and go after 3 pm when the crowds are less.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago. We are very happy to hear that your three grandchildren enjoyed the rides and Build & Test areas, as it is our goal to ensure that every guest who visits us leaves happy. We hope that you choose to visit us again so that we can continue to provide excellent experiences for you and your family.