“Clean and Serviceable”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savoy
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Room was clean and bed comfortable. The heating unit was somewhat loud but not enough to affect sleep. Bathroom door was mounted backward so it wouldn't open completely. Don't expect much from breakfast. Good choice if all you are looking for is a place to sleep.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ALPA P, General Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your honest review on your previous stay.

Cleanliness is one of our top priorities to provide for each guest and I am pleased to have met your satisfaction in that area. I have also notified our maintenance department on the heating units noisiness. It is important to me that your stay is as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Our breakfast area is also one of the regions to become expanded as well. In the near future with completion of the construction the breakfast menu will be more varietal and the rooms more spacious as well.

Please join us prospectively for the completion and opening of that building. Thank You.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had 3 rooms booked for 5 months - gtd- arrived and only 2 of the 3 were the correct non smoking rooms... 1 was a double smoking which they would not change even though it was gtd non smoking. at check out all three rooms were either put on the wrong credit cards or doulbe or tripled billed This hotel needs a complete revamp of customer service- systems -- ect..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ALPA P, General Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for completing a survey on your stay at Best Western. On behalf of our property I would like to apologize for your experience. I would like to clarify a few things that lead up to that to better you help understand why the situation occurred. When all rooms are under the same name, with the same credit card guarantee, the card on file is Pre-Authorized until the correct payment is given to close out all charges. It looks like all your guest provided a payment at the time of checkout, therefore the Pre-Approval taken on your card at check in was dropped at checkout.

To avoid any pre-approvals from occurring I would strongly suggest that all guest make individual reservations. That way we can guarantee any errors and or any transactions being placed on your card. Again I do apologize for the Pre-Approvals placed on your card. I did check all three of your Pre-Approvals and they have all been dropped but one which was to your room. If you have any further questions you may call me

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were at this hotel for a wedding and booked through best western.com. Ofcourse they messed up our reservations however the girl that checked us in was very nice and made sure to accommodate us. We were traveling with our sister who needs help and needed rooms next to each other. The rooms were clean and beds were amazing. We will definately be back. Don't let the construction bother you. They are under renovation but they did not bother us at all during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest, thank you for reviewing your past experience at Best Western Paradise Inn! I am ecstatic that we were able to accommodate you during your stay. We offer handicap double Queen rooms with bathroom accommodations as well as numerous types of adjoining rooms. We try to ensure each guest leaves her with their expectations excelled and I am delighted to hear we achieved that during your stay. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and our double pillow top mattresses are fit for your comfort. Our renovated building is prospected to open next month which will include new expanded rooms and a more varietal and enlarged breakfast area. I anticipate your future reservation.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have liked this motel in the past. They have always provided good, basic, comfortable and affordable rooms with a super friendly staff. Right now they are under construction. Everything is still OK but seems a bit discombobulated with lots of new staff. Still, the beds are good and that is the bottom line for me. I think it will be done by November and I look forward to trying it again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to take this time to thank you for your honest review for your previous stay at best western. I give my sincere apologizes for not offering the superior service you are use to receiving. In relevance to your experience with our staff I also apologize for not exceeding your standards in that area as well. I have taken proper training advances to ensure each guest will receive the phenomenal treatment you have in the past. Our double top mattresses are always a guest favorite and I am pleased to see with you it is no difference. In our new expansion, our suites will include this same type of mattress as well to fit your needs and comfort. Please visit us with the grand opening of this exciting new building and lobby area.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hotel is outdated-- in great need of update. Our room (suite) had a lot of dust and mold. Appliances were not in good working order. There is a lot of noise from the trains (tracks across the street) from the hotel. Breakfast is pretty lean- not much to choose from; and hotel "sells" passes to the public for use of the pool. Find another place, especially if you are traveling with a family! (Go north a few blocks into Champaign)

Room Tip: Very noisy location
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ALPA P, General Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor! Our hotel is a 1950s based property which is why we are currently under a renovation to make your experience more modern and accommodating. For future reference, please exercise our 24 hour always available front desk staff for any room complaints significantly to your appliance complaint. It is important to us to ensure you receive the appropriate accommodation however it is also important to address issues during your stay to achieve this goal. Unfortunately the railroad tracks are out of our control however I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Currently we include a hot and cold continental breakfast however; with our new expanded lobby it will include a more varietal breakfast to fit your needs as well. Our hotel sells pool passes on low volume days only to give our community the chance to relax during the summer. I would like to ensure our hotel is family friendly with the university in under 10miles radius and would love to extend an invitation to reconsider us in your near future for our new buildings opening. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

There is a Pub that is connected to our room that had quit a party.So much for your car and tires.Bottles and noise. Bed and room were very good. Cannot comment on the breakfast because we were up late form the parties out side the room,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review on your previous stay at Best Western Paradise Inn! We try our hardest to make sure each guest achieves a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our hotel is not in association with the Pub next door by any means which is why we take action into account when there is a complaint. We have notified the City of Savoy to fix the noise disturbance in addition. For future reference, our 24 hour front desk staff is always available and willing to accommodate you during your stay significantly with noise complaints as well. Please consider us again in the late year to experience our phenomenal and exciting new edition!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

After reading their write-up online, I was planning to ask for one of their newly renovated rooms due to allergies to dust, mold, etc. As soon as we drove up, it was evident this hotel was not as advertised. As we learned during our stay, one wing has been "under renovation" for nearly a year, and it's basically down to the studs. No dry wall, windows wide open. No other part of the hotel had been touched. Had us asking, "Did the owners run out of money or not pay their bills?" The front desk people were pleasant, the breakfast area clean and replenished regularly, and the breakfast was adequate. The outdoor pool looked nice. Our king standard room was tiny and awkwardly furnished with furniture that seemed fairly new but was too big for the room. You could not watch TV from the bed without pulling the TV armoire away from the wall and partially blocking the entrance. The bed was comfortable. Since we were staying only one night, this could all have been deemed adequate, but the unforgivable sin was the filthy bathroom. As soon as I stepped in the tub area, I could smell the sour "scent" of a rag that had been used way too many times on God-knows-what-else before being used there, and I really didn't need a dozen hairs from the previous guest greeting me in the tub and on the shower wall. Granted, the hotel is older, but that is no excuse for grime in every corner, around the tub and sink, and small dead bugs and grime on something that I guess was supposed to be a small wall heater in the bathroom, but the knob was broken. Too bad. The last few years, Best Western has been our "go to" chain for clean, affordable rooms. I have no idea how this one has been able to hold onto their flag. Disappointing, since it is so conveniently located near relatives we visit often.

Room Tip: We were told that they have rooms of all sizes. If it's not a busy night, maybe you can ask for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest, on behalf of Best Western Paradise Inn I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please be advised that it is listed on our website that we are under construction. Please understand for our renovation building we completely demolished and rebuilt a brand new building which for any type of business takes time. This building includes 30 new modern rooms including spacious Jacuzzi suites. In order to still have a reasonable amount of rooms available during renovation, we have only demolished one building and also constructing the lobby as well. The other additional buildings will achieve renovation during the second phase. I would like to also apologize for the cleanliness issue. We strive for excelling cleanliness and I am forlorn we did not achieve this goal during your stay. Please be advised for future reference our 24 hour front desk staff is always available and willing to accommodate you during your stay. In accordance to your bug complaint, our hotel uses black light technology in every room with no documentation of bugs in our beds to date. In order to have possibly accommodated you upon check out this needed to be addressed then as well. I extend a future invitation to please consider us later in the year for the opening of our new building. This will also include a new lobby with varietal breakfast as well. Again, I apologize for your previous stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Savoy
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area
Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn
5 mi away
Ramada Urbana/Champaign
I Hotel and Conference Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Champaign/Urbana

Been to Best Western Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!