Best Western Paradise Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschampaign urbanamain buildingoutdoor poolroom was cleanhard boiled eggsplace to staychampaign arealight sleeperclose to the airportvery nice hotela great staywould definitely stay here againmotelbwhairdryermicrowaveproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I come often to Champaign-Urbana to visit relatives. This is my favorite place to stay, often a week at a time. It is an old-style road motel that is very well-cared for and satisfies all my needs at a reasonable price. If you require fancy, expensive and new go somewhere else but for me this place is great.

The front desk staff has always treated me well and the rooms have all the basics (frig, microwave, small table, etc.). The grounds and the pool are kept very clean. The grounds and room staff works very hard. Breakfast is basic but enough.

Also, really great if you are traveling with a dog as there is a huge, mowed field behind the motel and the staff must even pick up that area as I have never seen droppings from inconsiderate owners there. Great place for a dog to stretch its legs and really run.

A few visitors might be bothered by either nearby passing trains at night (I actually like that sound) or, on certain nights, by a nearby nightclub (if its hot and they open their doors) ... but just ask for a room away from that side if you are an early bird or noise sensitive

Room Tip: If "club music" bothers you, ask for a room on the airport side, away from the Senator's Pub. If trains going by bothers you, this isn't the place for you. Personally, I like that sound.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AMHanson
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western here for a night on our way to visit family in Iowa. It was a very nice stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful and went out of the way to make us welcome. Our room was nice and I especially welcomed using the pool on a blistering hot evening. I recommend staying here and will do so when I need a place in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rancocasrich
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've stayed here for 2-3 days for each of the past 9 years to attend a school right down the street, so I am very familiar with the motel and the area.

I'm puzzled at the comments to the effect that this is a "basic" accomodation. Each room has a fridge/microwave, table and 2 chairs, hairdryer, iron and board, phone, and flatscreen tv with cable. Yes, the rooms are a bit crampedl (with all this stuff in them), and they do have outside entrances, but they are comfortable, and very clean. When I visit in December, it is always quiet. The baths are updated, with cultured marble tub surrounds. The breakfast is cereal, danish, donuts, bagels, toast, and yogurt/fruit. It's not the ritz, but is it more than adequate. And, compared to the other motels on the south side of Champaign, it is very reasonably priced.

Having said all of those positive things, I confess that I have been awakened by the freight trains on more than one occasion. And it is literally on the edge of town--not exactly a great location if you want to be near restaurants/bars.

Room Tip: Train tracks are across the road from the front of the motel. Ask for a room away from the road if you don't want to hear the train.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank weeksvillejoe
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Staff is great and very helpful,a good place to stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Doranda was very helpful when we got in. Best Service Clerk EVER! Rooms are very clean and comfy beds too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family