“They try hard but just don't succeed.”
Review of New China

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New China
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Savanna
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The place is big, new, good bathrooms, both bottled and fill-by-the glass beverages, lots of tables. The people are nice enough, but there are a lot of items that just aren't made right. Great example is sweet and sour chicken, not what you expect. The food is okay, but nothing that stands out. It is just plain food. Carryout is pretty quick, the only fail in this place is the food. Sorry, but that's why I would go here. Or not. If I want this type of food, I will get it but then ask myself why I bothered.

There are newer reviews for New China

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was good, not great. They only have white rice. The food was rather bland. We had combination fried rice, egg drop soup, and eggrolls.
We got it to go and they did not give us anything to eat with or paper plates or napkins. The person on the phone was cordial, not overly friendly.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant has a pleasant dining room including booths and tables. It is easy to find-right where Chicago Ave turns and becomes Main Street (both are Rt 84) and in the same strip as Subway. The service is fast and pleasant. I find this to be typical American Chines--and a little heavy on the brocoli. But there are very few good Chinese restaurants in this area so if you are in the area and in the mood for Chines this is your best bet. They also do take-out. This is the nicest restaurant in Savanna if you don't want pizza or bikers.

1  Thank Carol B