“Just love this little hidden gem!!”

HypnoTHAIzed Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Henley Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Boutique Restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine. Head Chef Pichai Kitchen Staff all Thai
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have been to this restaurant four times already since it opened its' doors in May 2013. Each timewe've chosen a different dish and each time it was just delicious. I cannot fault this restaurant at all. It is small, however, this just adds to its' charm and atmosphere. Matt, the charming host, ensures that he visits every table and has a chat with the diners - this small personal touch goes a long way in my book!! I am now greeted like a family member whenever I walk in. If it happens to be your birthday then Matt and sometimes one of his daughters (yes it is a family affair at this place) will sing 'happy birthday' to you and normally all the diners will join in. All this takes place as you receive a slice of cake with sparkles on it.... Love it!!!! The quality of the food is just superb and the quantity is also generous. The decor is beautiful and Matt and his daughters are very friendly and welcoming. Put simply - there is nothing to dislike. We will be going back again and again and again!!!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We go to hypnoTHAized whenever we can and we are never disappointed. The food is great, the service is efficient and friendly. Matt and staff make you feel like long lost family members. Do yourself a favour and go for a meal asap.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were regulars at Tongue Thaid-- also on Henley Beach Road but at Mile End when it was run by Matt and his partner and were disappointed when they sold.
We were unaware that they had opened this new place until recently and this was our first visit.
Matts daughter greeted us like long lost friends and made us feel very welcome.
We went on a Tuesday evening and the place was full-- we had to wait till a table was vacated by a previous diner but that was fine as we had been pre warned when we rang that we couldnt get in until 7.45 pm
My wife cant eat "hot spicy " food so has trouble with Thai but not here as they tailored the "heat" to meet her palate.
As before service and food were great-- little touches such as clean bowls when the main courses were delivered-- and we were also asked several times if everything was ok.
I ordered a glass of red and was delighted that I received a decent sized drink-- not like many places when you order by the glass you get at best a splash of wine..
A great touch was that my wife had said to Matts daughter how she would really love some of the cake on display but was just too full to order any-- imagine her surprise when we paid the bill to be given a bag with a piece of the cake to be enjoyed at home-- great work guys.

1  Thank longhaven
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A nice little local restaurant where they care about customers. Staff were good, décor and atmosphere good, food was good at reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I were taken to this restaurant by friends and I was quite simply blown away with the quality and inventiveness of the food and the really warm welcome from Mat. Clearly locals know about this restaurant as it was bustling even midweek, but it is worth calling for a reservation as the food is so good.
Their signature dish I believe is an fried eggplant in a curry sauce (I am probably not doing it justice with this description) but it was excellent, crispy on the outside but succulent and tender inside. I can't understand how they can make it so good but it if you go, do yourself a favor an order it.
Having said that the duck was great and the rice was fantastic, they even make their own chili jam which goes so well with just about everything. Then for desert there is the rhubarb and cream cocktail, which the table next to us recommended and was again excellent.
My only regret is we don't live closer to be able to enjoy this food more often.

1  Thank Terry-and-Dot