Timber Creek Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding coordinatortimber creekcomfortable temperaturestarved rockindoor poolilfairgroundsconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Love everything about this hotel with the exception of the restaurant. The food is terrible and over priced for getting poor quality food. If they hired a new chef and staff I bet they would have a much more profitable restaurant. I have stayed here a couple times and tried to eat there more than once, but each time walked out saying never again. After the last time it really will be never again. Yuck! Luckily there are other choices nearby such as fastfood places, A's family restaurant and Bull Moose Bar and Grille!
The Front desk staff were very nice and helpful! The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very nice!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
timber01creek, Manager at Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to provide the feedback. We do take concerns and comments very seriously. I have brought the issues related to our restaurant to our food and beverage staff to address.
I am glad to hear you like our hotel and that you find our staff very nice and helpful. We do take pride in our friendly staff.

Thank-you again,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only stayed here for one night...front desks was very efficient. The public areas and guest rooms where well appointed...beds are a little hard for me, but I like a real soft bed -plenty of pillows though! The bar was very nice and the bartender & manager where very friendly and accomodating...even cooked up a little food later than usual for me & my husband! The pool area is pleasant, gym has new equipment and the hot breakfast buffet was very nice, as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
timber01creek, Manager at Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback. It makes my day to hear positive comments about our staff. It is the staff who make our facility what it is!

Thank-you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

While I will agree that this hotel is far from perfect, I do find your "review" quite humorous considering the disturbances, commotion and all around disregard for other guest's comfort you're party displayed. The "bouncer", who is actually security personnel, only makes an occasional walk through of these events to ensure the safety of the guests and staff, including yourself. As for the groom being escorted out "with no previous warnings", I'm wondering what you consider warnings as he happened to have been given many that he blatantly disregarded. This hotel tries very hard to make their guests comfortable and happy! I am no representative of this hotel. Far from it, but I do find people who throw temper tantrums on trip planning websites quite irritating. This hotel has taken wonderful care of me and my family each time we've visited and I will continue to return every chance I get! I also applaud the security and staff of this hotel that handled the previously stated disturbance quite professionally, allowing the rest of us guests to enjoy our stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SatisfiedCustomer86
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have stayed here 5 times for weddings and have been disappointed every time. The place is very nice but the help is terrible From cold tasteless food coming out late to one bar tender for 300 people. They even have a " bouncer" in a bright yellow shirt walking around every reception the entire time. The bar/grill is way understaffed by inexperienced people. I have been charged 3 different prices for the same drink by the same person. The management is very strict and unacomadating even when you spend upwards of $50,000 on a wedding there. I was hoping things would be better now that the people who originally built it in 2006 lost it in bankruptcy but it appears now to be even worse. We stayed there last weekend after a wedding and they had the groom escorted out of his room by police with no previous warnings for being to loud while filling the whirlpool in their " honey moon suite" wich is really just a room with a king bed and a 1 person tub with jets. So like I said I've tried and tried but never again will I stay there or attend a function there

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed just for one night before visiting the Farnsworth House early the morning after. There was a wedding party when we arrived and some young girls, coming from the swimming pool, running and crying along the rooms corridors. People at the desk was kind, but they could not help me dialing a long distance call. Breakfast is quite rich, even if the room is not very nice. Rooms a re clean. Price is ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
timber01creek, Manager at Timber Creek Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank-you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I hope you enjoyed the Farnsworth House, a Mies van der Rohe home built in 1951. It is definitely a must see for any architectural buff.

We do pride ourselves in having clean rooms and a friendly staff. We went earth tones in the guest rooms to remain neutral and go along with the woodsiness of the property.

Thank-you for staying at the BEST WESTERN Timber Creek Inn & Suites and Convention Center! We hope to see you again some time.