“BED BUGS!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Cleveland, Ohio
“BED BUGS!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Traveled from out of state to Salem for a funeral - tub dirty, carpet old and dirty, bed actually pretty comfortable until I woke up the next morning with adut bed bugs crawling on me!!! When I called to tell them they just said, "OK, we'll give you a refund". They obviously knew they had bed bugs - did not even come to the room and look! Terrible experience!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beegill
Pat E, General Manager at Days Inn Salem, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
On behalf of Guesthouse Inn, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to fill out a review. I want to apologize to you for your experience at our hotel. On your housekeeping concerns we presented to the housekeeping staff as to what needs to be improved on. We do have an Exterminating Company that comes on a regular basis to treat the property and rooms.
Once again I would like to apologize to you.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room furnishings are a bit out dated.. however the bathroom has new tile.. overall the room was very clean and quiet. Plus the pool looked nice and inviting.. cute turtle sprinkler in kids section.

• Stayed August 2013
On behalf of Guesthouse Inn, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to fill out a guest review. Thank you for your good review.
La Grange, KY
Reviewed April 2, 2013

While this place is far from new, my room was clean and nicely furnished. Best rate in Salem--good wi-fi, free HBO. No free breakfast, but Denny's is attached, and very reasonable.

I did not see or experience the problems cited by the one and two year old negative reviews.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of Guesthouse Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review. Thank you for your good review. Guest Satisfaction,Great Service, and Cleanliness are very important to us.
Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed her for 3 nights with my parents and two small kids for a reunion, the room smelled awful when we entered but aired it out and got some febreeze...the tub was not cleaned and I found a cockroach behind the bathroom door...every night I'd wake up sleeping on just the mattress because there were no fitted sheets, we found sticky spots on both of the bed sheets, there was a disgusting dark stain like dried blood on my mattress and to top it all off the last day we were there we had to leave at 1am because coming back from the bathroom I found an adult bedbug crawling out from underneath my daughters pillow, needless to say it was the worst hotel experience I've ever had!! We will never stay there again..when my mom told them about everything they just thanked her for letting them know..no refund or nothing!!

Room Tip: The super 8 we stayed at last time was a million times nicer
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank April K

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Birmingham, al
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The price was good, the clerk, Exie, was a jewel, literally, and wonderful. The room was not clean, except for the bed and bathroom, It needed painting, dusting, the floor cleaned. The parking lot was not very clean, either. It didn't have adequate towels, but Exie got those and some coffee, and an ashtray. I didn't mention the room to her, because it's not her job. The attached Denny's restaurant was a great convenience and the food and service was very good. The place has lots of potential, but somebody needs to clean it up and make sure that it stays that way.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you sign for it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Granny1Birmingham_al
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Inn And Suites
#6 of 14 in Mount Vernon
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
#1 of 14 in Mount Vernon

Been to Days Inn Salem? Share your experiences!