All reviewscherry housegreat hostsoff the beaten trackfew weeksbeautiful countrysideaustralian couplecheese factorydavidexperienceregionhomemodenaknowledgehistorywinewinnvenice
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed for about a week and enjoyed a great combination of relaxation, local tours, great food and drink and good company. Win and David put a lot of thought into what each guest might like to see or do and tailored the stay accordingly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Cherry House has been our home for 4 weeks. We arrived in need of rest, peace and quiet. We found gentle encouragement, great food and an open hearted sharing of the delights of rural Italy. As our energy returned Winifred and David crafted our days to include a short stay in the nearby mountains so we could trek easily and explore the local villages. We came home to Cherry House elated with our side adventure. While planning our return in July Winnie found, arranged and booked a week for us in a mountain health resort that is a dream come true. Polinago is 'heaven on a stick' because Winnie and David have embraced the community and the locals have returned the complement. Language support is brilliant and laughter abounds.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous offering different views and easy access to bathrooms and kitchen.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My friend and I spent a couple of nights with Winn and David in May while we were touring round Italy. It was lovely to step away from the tourist trail and put ourselves into their capable hands. I enjoyed myself so much that I didn't want to leave. They asked us beforehand what we would like to do and tailored our stay round that. We saw a part of Italy we never would have come across. Can't praise them enough.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

What a wonderful week's stay, and an immersion in the local culture, food, wine, and people of the area. Win and David were terrific hosts and our experience of the Modena area has been enriched because of their attention to detail in ensuring our stay was so memorable. We went to local festivities, we met both Italian and English-speaking people living in and around Polinago, we visited local farms and dairies, and the working mill at Gombola. Best of all, we sampled some of the local produce such as gnocco fritto and nocino. On our last day, Win and David took us on some lovely roads to view the scenery throughout the Apuan mountains and dropped us off at La Spezia for the next part of our holiday. A stay we will never forget!

Room Tip: The rooms at Cherry House are very spacious and clean
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

For anyone looking for a tranquil spot to relax in an Italian village not on the mainstream tourist trail but as beautiful and engaging as any of the better know locations, Cherry House is a perfect choice. Word of mouth led me here for an all too short stay. As promised, Win & David made it easy for me to get off the beaten track and enjoy a taste of the local food and lifestyle. Great hosts, very comfortable accommodation….I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo