All reviewscherry housegreat hostsoff the beaten trackfew weeksbeautiful countrysideaustralian couplecheese factorydavidexperienceregionhomemodenaknowledgehistorywinewinnvenice
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My friend and I spent a couple of nights with Winn and David in May while we were touring round Italy. It was lovely to step away from the tourist trail and put ourselves into their capable hands. I enjoyed myself so much that I didn't want to leave. They asked us beforehand what we would like to do and tailored our stay round that. We saw a part of Italy we never would have come across. Can't praise them enough.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

What a wonderful week's stay, and an immersion in the local culture, food, wine, and people of the area. Win and David were terrific hosts and our experience of the Modena area has been enriched because of their attention to detail in ensuring our stay was so memorable. We went to local festivities, we met both Italian and English-speaking people living in and around Polinago, we visited local farms and dairies, and the working mill at Gombola. Best of all, we sampled some of the local produce such as gnocco fritto and nocino. On our last day, Win and David took us on some lovely roads to view the scenery throughout the Apuan mountains and dropped us off at La Spezia for the next part of our holiday. A stay we will never forget!

Room Tip: The rooms at Cherry House are very spacious and clean
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

For anyone looking for a tranquil spot to relax in an Italian village not on the mainstream tourist trail but as beautiful and engaging as any of the better know locations, Cherry House is a perfect choice. Word of mouth led me here for an all too short stay. As promised, Win & David made it easy for me to get off the beaten track and enjoy a taste of the local food and lifestyle. Great hosts, very comfortable accommodation….I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Roslyn0407
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We so enjoyed the warm hospitality and home cooking at Cherry House B&B shown to us by Winnifred and David. They took us all around the beautiful countryside and we sampled the local cuisine which was certainly something to savour. They helped us arrange our itinerary and were happy to pick us up and then drop us off in Florence when we were reluctantly leaving them. It was a wonderful, relaxing few days and we would recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to experience provincial Italy. We will return!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, but especially for someone wanting to experience real Italian life in a lovely country village. David and Winnifred are the perfect hosts and really made my 2 week stay something to cherish. They provide a great service - pick up from airport and arranging the itinerary. Ideal for someone travelling alone or for those wanting a relaxed stress free holiday. Well done in every way!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends