“Good food without the fuss!”
Review of Filling Station

Filling Station
Ranked #55 of 186 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We ate there for lunch on a Saturday. The night before we had spent a lot more money on dinner and were disappointed. Lunch at the Filling Station were standard fare with a twist. I had a Rocket 88 (a rueben) and it was really good. All the old gas station signs and advertisements brought back childhood memories and it was fun to eat there! Plus, the food was really good. Make sure you try the handcut fries - there were enough to share!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place has the best location and ambiance in town for families and party folks. What this place lacks is decent fare...i know this place will never win a Michelin star, but the pun fare can be improved upon. Friendly staff and great outdoor seating area....can get, and I hope they can get, better.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Had lunch at Filling Station w/ my husband, our two kids, and my parents on Sunday. My first impression was that they need to do a little more cleaning. I understand they're more bar than a restaurant, but if they're open for lunch, they need to make sure the floor or menu is not sticky. And I have to say the bathroom was pretty gross to the point my mom refused to use it. Take a note those with small kids, since there is no changing table at Filling Station!

Since we were there early, there weren't many tables taken yet. But we waited for quite a long time for our food. My husband ordered a burger, my mom a salad, my dad, my son, and I ordered a sandwich. Considering what we ordered and how empty the place was, it just seemed odd that we did not get our food right away. And when we finally get the food, the fries were not hot.

The food was below average. As I have just mentioned, the fries were not fresh. And some of them were seriously burned. My mom's "Seafood" Salad was full of fake crab meat and iceberg lettuce. Cheese on my son's grilled cheese sandwich was 1" smaller than the bread all the way around. Tuna on my dad's sandwich did not have much flavor.

The service was not bad, but it wasn't amazing either. Just average, I'd say. Overall, we were all disappointed with the experience. It might be a great place as a bar, but we would never know since we don't go to bars at all. Since there are a lot of other restaurants around Filling Station, I don't think we'd ever go back again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Good pub fare with a decent but not too extensive menu. The salads are pretty good and come in large portions.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Go for the burgers. Salads are good also. Service can be spotty, especially if they are busy. Outside seating is nice during the summer.