Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
$80
QualityInn
$124
GardenInn.com
$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$103
Fairfield Inn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$60
$113
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Best Western Inn of St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$94
$88
TripAdvisor
Pheasant Run Resort(Saint Charles)
$89
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
TripAdvisor
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome from homerooms bookedbath and showergreat hotelroom blockroom was cleanattending a weddingyogurtthe general managernext morningbusiness meetingmarriottbarbaralobbystcharlesgabby
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Selected this Marriott property for overnight while attending a concert. Rooms need updating badly. Handles on drawers were rusted, and mattresses were lumpy. The room was clean and lobby recently updated. We approached the property and were excited to see the balconies. During checkin we asked if all rooms on upper floors had balconies and were told yes; Of course we requested one.. We were asked if we wanted it to smoke; mind you we are non-smokers and were aware it was a smoke free property. I think she could have informed us that smoking was prohibited in the balcony in a more customer friendly manner; why assume we are smokers?

We did manage to speak with the Sales Manager regarding this and she was very kind and apologized on behalf of management and gave us

Recommend additional customer service training. Besides this incident, our stay was fine!

• Stayed: April 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and our updated lobby. We are excited to let you know that we will be updating our rooms to match our lobby later this year. Courtyard is finalizing a brand new room package, and we will be one of the first hotels to receive it. I am sorry to hear that you were asked about smoking in the rooms. As a Rewards Member, I am sure you are very familiar with Marriott Hotels being non-smoking. We do enforce this on our balconies as well, but you should not have been asked this just because you requested a balcony room. I am so glad you ran into Sandi, our Director of Sales and she was able to turn your stay around and make it enjoyable. I hope you are able to visit us again in the future and enjoy our renovated rooms.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard as one of the hotels for our guests to stay at for our wedding. We got married in Geneva, but chose this hotel (along with the Herrington Inn and Spa) because we thought it was the nicest out of the surrounding hotels in this price range.
The contact person was Vicky and I dealt with her primarily through email. This was very convenient for me. She did an amazing job of coordinating everything. After we had reserved our block of rooms - we had to change the date of the wedding - and she was not only able to accommodate us, but she moved everyone's reservations and the process was very simple.
The hotel itself is a nice Marriott. The hotel lobby is very comfortable and modern space. There is also a restaurant and bar which is nice for the guests. The rooms were affordable as well.
Because we booked a minimum of 15 rooms on the night of our wedding, we got a free room for the bride and groom and we also got 3 hours of shuttle service to and from the wedding venue. This was a great service to offer to our guests.
We were able to drop off guest gift bags a couple of days early and they were really great about making sure each guest got one when they checked in.
The only downside of this location -was that it did not have a free continental breakfast to offer my guests - but we new this ahead of time and there are several breakfast places that are very close - including an IHOP. They do have breakfast in the restaurant that you can purchase in addition to the room.
I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who needs a night stay - or a place to have a block for their wedding!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about Vicky. She does a wonderful job with our weddings. Having the private three hour shuttle is a great perk when booking your wedding at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that we helped make your wedding day so special for you and your guests.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday. The Hotel was busy with Wedding goers and another large group. The service was good, the staff friendly. The neighbors next door didn't take into account that others were sleeping when they slammed their door but that was not fault of the hotel.
The bed was very comfy and the room was cozy. The sheets were soft and felt nice to the touch. The pool was nice looking but I didn't have a chance to try it out. The workout room was very small, so you may not get on a machine if others are in there.
We had breakfast in the lobby. It was mediocre. Save your money and go out to eat in town. There are several places around the corner that are a better value with tastier food.

Room Tip: I think the higher the floor the less noise you will hear.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It's so nice to hear that you found the beds so comfortable. That is a key to a successful hotel stay. I am sorry to hear the breakfast did not meet your expectations. The Bistro concept is a bit different from a sit-down restaurant, but is very effective for business travelers who are on-the-go. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

As per my previous review this has become a second home to me and I would like to add a couple of new names to my thanks list...
Adam is always very polite, using the corporate terms of yes sir and Mr Leonard when addressing me.....as we are all pretty good friends now it's first name terms at my request....I prefer it that way. We have great convo's and I feel you won't be let down by him. A great asset to the hotel.

Gabby and I share a joke often, she always wants to make my stay better, likes to chat and when needed makes a mean bistro burger.

Over a year of staying at this hotel for extended stays gives me a pretty good base to make an opinion on its services and rooms and I can safely say its as good as you can get for its price range, it doesn't try to be the Ritz but what it does do is be a very good Marriott.

I recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed: April 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. Gaby and Adam are very caring employees. I am very lucky to have them. Knowing that it can be tough being away from home for so long, I am glad we are able to make your extended stay visits enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience with other. We do appreciate it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I arrived at the hotel I spoke with Vicky who was courteous and helpful. She was welcoming and professional. I asked to speak to her manager and Barb was warm and welcoming. When we arrived we checked in by Andre who was professional and fun. When we went to the lobby for dinner Adam was wonderful. Service was quick and pleasant. In the morning we went down for breakfast and was served by Sharon who is wonderful. Amanda the lady who cleaned our room was pleasant and did a great job.

The hotel was clean, the decor modern and serene. The people excellent. Everyone we met was professional and friendly. I would recommend This hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will give it to you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

It was great to have you and your family here during the Spring Break Week. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and our Bistro. It was a pleasure getting to know you and hearing such wonderful things about the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience.