New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfy Bed....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday. The Hotel was busy with Wedding goers and another large group. The service was good, the staff friendly. The neighbors next door didn't take into account that others were sleeping when they slammed their door but that was not fault of the hotel.
The bed was very comfy and the room was cozy. The sheets were soft and felt nice to the touch. The pool was nice looking but I didn't have a chance to try it out. The workout room was very small, so you may not get on a machine if others are in there.
We had breakfast in the lobby. It was mediocre. Save your money and go out to eat in town. There are several places around the corner that are a better value with tastier food.

Room Tip: I think the higher the floor the less noise you will hear.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It's so nice to hear that you found the beds so comfortable. That is a key to a successful hotel stay. I am sorry to hear the breakfast did not meet your expectations. The Bistro concept is a bit different from a sit-down restaurant, but is very effective for business travelers who are on-the-go. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

As per my previous review this has become a second home to me and I would like to add a couple of new names to my thanks list...
Adam is always very polite, using the corporate terms of yes sir and Mr Leonard when addressing me.....as we are all pretty good friends now it's first name terms at my request....I prefer it that way. We have great convo's and I feel you won't be let down by him. A great asset to the hotel.

Gabby and I share a joke often, she always wants to make my stay better, likes to chat and when needed makes a mean bistro burger.

Over a year of staying at this hotel for extended stays gives me a pretty good base to make an opinion on its services and rooms and I can safely say its as good as you can get for its price range, it doesn't try to be the Ritz but what it does do is be a very good Marriott.

I recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. Gaby and Adam are very caring employees. I am very lucky to have them. Knowing that it can be tough being away from home for so long, I am glad we are able to make your extended stay visits enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience with other. We do appreciate it.
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I arrived at the hotel I spoke with Vicky who was courteous and helpful. She was welcoming and professional. I asked to speak to her manager and Barb was warm and welcoming. When we arrived we checked in by Andre who was professional and fun. When we went to the lobby for dinner Adam was wonderful. Service was quick and pleasant. In the morning we went down for breakfast and was served by Sharon who is wonderful. Amanda the lady who cleaned our room was pleasant and did a great job.

The hotel was clean, the decor modern and serene. The people excellent. Everyone we met was professional and friendly. I would recommend This hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will give it to you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
It was great to have you and your family here during the Spring Break Week. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and our Bistro. It was a pleasure getting to know you and hearing such wonderful things about the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you need to stay near St. Charles, this is the place. The staff is top notch and really tries to make your stay the best possible.

The hotel is close to local attractions and restaurants , grocery stores, etc.

Great Hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff. We appreciate your business.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is great and the staff is fabulous. They are very helpful and will assist guests with whatever they need. They are also always smiling. I have stayed here many times and have never been dissapointed. Will return again soon. The hotel is very clean and everything looks fresh.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
A smile can go a long way! Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We appreciate your business!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to St. Charles for New Year's eve. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Courtyard and if they are all like this place, it won't be the last. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Our tv was not working but I was not aware of it until the next morning so I did not complain about it. I did let them know at check out and they were grateful that I let them know. We did go to the pool to use the hot tub. It was a good size but Way Too Hot! I know they are meant to be hot but this was so bad that you could only stay in for about 15 minutes. They need to turn it down a bit. But we did enjoy the pool area, sitting and talking. The lobby is also very nice. We were not there long enough to sit there but it has a nice sitting area with a fireplace. They also have a sitting area with a large flatscreen tv. The business center was also located in the lobby and looked very nice.
If we decide to stay the night again the next time we visit St. Charles, this will be the place for us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We would love to have you back! Our lobby is very inviting with the fireplace, especially this time of year. Glad to hear you were able to use the spa. Our engineers check the tempertures daily on the spa and pool, but will have him do a double check based on your comments. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the far western Chicago suburbs this week. Booked this hotel, expecting nice but nothing exciting.

It turned out to be a wonderful place!
Easy to find. Easy check-in by a nice staff. Really great rooms.

Best part? There is a cool café right off the lobby.
Nothing too fancy--just a nice bar/light restaurant, right there.
Cocktails and appetizers close at hand.
LOVED it!
With a charming and lovely bartender.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you like our Bistro/Bar and that are bartender served you well. Your comments about the staff are also very kind and will be shared with them. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
The Herrington Inn & Spa
Hotel Baker
Hotel Baker
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Courtyard Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!