Pheasant Run Resort
$142
$129
GardenInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Inn of St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$82
$74
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
$63
QualityInn
$94
Good 3.5/5
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
$179
Very Good 4/5
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
$69
Travelocity
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgolf coursejambalayabourbon streetthe indoor outdoor poolcomedy clubgolf wingnew orleansfire pitcomedy showgrounds are beautifulharvestpoolspheasantatriumarcadedjbonfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Two things you should expect when booking a hotel - clean rooms and hot water. Pheasant Run failed on BOTH accounts. We found food under the furniture in our room and Saturday afternoon through Saturday night and entire WING of the hotel (including our room) had NO HOT WATER. To their credit, the management of the hotel comped our room for that evening but only after we spent an hour discussing it with them.
We held our family reunion here 14 years ago and had exactly the same problem. When we asked their staff, point blank, if this was still a problem they told us it had been repaired. While management was apologizing for this "unfortunate" event some of the staff acknowledged privately that this has happened before this season.
The golf course was another train wreck. We were told late Friday that there the schedule was "wide open" between 9 and noon on Saturday. By Saturday at 9, everything was booked until 12:30. When we arrived for our tee time, we were not on the schedule - fortunately, that tee time was still open. We then watched as the starters, on a completely packed schedule, sent people out as twosomes, not foursomes. We were 35 minutes late getting started, played one hole and had to quit as it was not an hour and a half since our tee time. The players we saw who started before noon completed 18 holes around 5:30 PM!
The food, while good, is extremely expensive. For a dinner for 22 people, the hotel wanted to charge us $500 for *one hour* of open bar.
Needless to say, we will not even be tempted to return to Pheasant Run again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
PRGM, General Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

Thank you for choosing Pheasant Run Resort and for sharing your experience. We truly appreciate all of your comments as you are providing us with an opportunity to gauge and improve where necessary. In regards to the recent water problems, our system needed a custom fabricated solution that took longer than we had hoped. The project is now completed. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience but know that we have personally followed up on each and every concern. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed at this Hotel for six nights in a room by myself so I was the only one with a key to my room. I stayed at this hotel because this is where the convention I attended was located. One afternoon after my room was cleaned by housekeeping I dropped some items that I had bought that afternoon on my bed about 2:30 pm and left to do some more shopping in the vendor room. I returned to my room just after 5:00 pm and someone had entered my room and left their leftovers.. french fries, ketchup, mustard, their dirty plate. I called for security and they came up and replaced my room key and he took a picture of the plate with his cell phone. Fortunately, nothing was taken from my room and I had 100's of dollars worth of merchandise on my bed. I never heard back from them about this incident. After I got home I received a survey from the hotel to evaluate my stay, I contacted the general manager and they informed me that not one person on their staff admitted to entering my room and having their meal in there....uh hello ~ ? to my family here at home "Who stuck their finger in the cake that is being delivered later today?" Not one of my children stepped up and took responsibility.
I just think this hotel could have done better communicating with me. My bill for the priviledge of staying there was well over $900.00. I will never stay there again. And they food in their restaurants was not good at all.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed at the Pheasent Run for a little getaway. We had dinner at the Harvest restaurant. Dinner was way over priced and really disappointing. I had the primerib and my boyfriend had the Porterhouse steak. My primerib was really tough and the potatoe looked like a small garnish. There was nothing to it. His steak was overcook and not worth the $50. He too got the very small potatoe. Wine was good but again it was way overpriced. We had to take 2 cold showers that never got warm even after we complained. They did take a little off the bill for that but I would not stay here again. $150 a night for cold showers,,,,,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank onthego1224

Thank you for choosing Pheasant Run and sharing your experience. We truly appreciate all of your comments, both positive and constructive, as you are providing us with an opportunity to improve. We are happy that you found Pheasant Run to be nice. We are disappointed that you had hot water issues and that Harvest Restaurant failed to meet your expectations. As to the water, our system needed a custome fabricated solution that took longer than we had hoped to get installed but the project is now completed. Please accept our sincere aplogies and our promise to follow up on your other concern..

Reviewed August 6, 2009

I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. We had made reservations for Mother's Day brunch. As part of this promotion, we were offered a room for $59 per night. The room we had in the tower was very nice and big. It seemed clean. The pool was pleasant. It allows you to swim inside and outside. The grounds were nicely landscaped.

Brunch was very, very good. I ran into a friend who had come to the Pheasant Run Mother's Day brunch for many years. She said her family loved coming there. My in-laws and kids enjoyed the meal. It was pricey, but we had a very good time and did not feel rushed. Our waitress was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed 4 nights at the Pheasant Run for a cake convention. I was a little aphrehensive after reading some reviews here but I decided to stay there since the convention was being held there. Honestly, it looks a lot nicer and bigger on the website but what hotel doesnt? Check in was smooth and fast. The hallways very hot on the first day. The room itself was quite clean, modern, and had an amazing view. The bathrooms could use a little upgrade. The first day we were there the carpet in front of the bathroom was soaked. Not a HUGE deal. The room had a microwave and fridge which was great. I am extremely picky with hotels and I felt comfortable at the Pheasant Run. I didnt use the pools but they looked really nice. Also, its in a very quiet neighborhood and there is a Super Target next door which was great for getting snacks and toiletries (much cheaper then the resort). There is also a Fridays and a Portillos across the lot from the Super Target. There are actually plenty of places to eat within walking distance.
The only negative thing that I can say was that the second day I was there, I didnt have much to do so I asked the girl at the front desk if there was anywhere to shop around there. She gave me a slight face of disgust and said she wouldnt recommend anything in that area for shopping and if we wanted she could have the shuttle drop us off in downtown. We declined since she wasnt very encouraging about it. We decided to take a walk out of the resort anyways and low and behold thats when we saw the Target right next door and a Walmart across the street. About a 7-10 minute walk for both. I dont know about anyone else but those are places to shop! No big deal really, but her attitude sort of bothered me.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business