“Great getaway in the burbs!!”

Pheasant Run Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great getaway in the burbs!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed at Pheasant Run several times and always had such great experiences. It's unique atmosphere and friendly staff make it my favorite place to stay when I am visiting St. Charles. I have had the pleasure of attending business meetings there and the food is always very good and the staff attends to all our needs with a great attitude.

The rooms with views of the golf course are a special favorite of mine and the room service staff are prompt and attentive.

My most recent visit was for a company event and I just loved the quaintness of the room we were in! The varied restaurants and bars give everyone a choice in entertainment. I especially enjoy Zanys comedy club!

Lastly the outdoor areas are very nice and well maintained. I love the pool and the fire pit when it's colder!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jpj97, Director of Sales at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the review! Please come back to visit us soon. Summer is right around the corner!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Bartlett, i
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had an incredible experience at the Pheasant Run Resort & Spa Vargas Wellness 5k Run this past weekend. The run was on the beautiful golf course which was a runners dream! They even had a children's 1/2 mile fun run which my niece loved! We enjoyed the rib fest at their restaurant, Jambalaya - all you can eat and we ate alot!!! We ended the evening at the pool party! A memorable experience - we will be back!

Room Tip: Request the tower with the golf course view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I made reservations on the 24th of February for the next day. I called the next morning to cancel them. The reservations desk said that would be alright. The $229 bill showed up on my credit card. I called back and customer service said I must cancel 48 hours in advance. They also said I was told that, when I called in to cancel. That is absolutely untrue. Customer service was unforgiving and would rather forgo all future business from me just to get a couple hundred bucks for services that they did not render. It was a very cold day and the resort was very under booked. They did not lose any money, but they have effectively lost a customer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomasvogel0628
jpj97, Director of Sales at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your response. We do rely on and value this feedback.
Please feel free to email me so we can further discuss your experience.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Since an event we were attending was being held at Pheasant Run, I booked the room before looking at reviews. Upon arriving, the lobby was nice and the front desk person was attentive. Since we arrived before the 4 p.m. check-in time, but a room wasn't yet available, the employee did our registration and said he would move the cleaning up on the queue and call my cell phone (he had me write down the cell phone number) when the room was ready. That didn't happen, so we waited until 4 to pick up our room key. We looked at the small snack bar for something to eat, but decided to go out and explore. Went to the Charlestowne Mall right down the road and found that it is totally vacant right now except for the 3 "anchor" stores, (Carson Pirie Scott, Kohls and Von Maur) and an 18-theater movie area. While waiting for our room later in the day, we went back to the hotel's coffee shop - a cup of coffee was over $3 each, no free refills. I thought that was a little bit excessive.

This hotel is dated. Our standard room (not the Tower) looked like it had the original 1960's wood-framed windows that were quite drafty. To counteract the draft, the heat was turned up so the room was quite stuffy, with a cool draft. The room was clean, and quite large for two people. The bathroom was adequate with standard amenities and nice white towels, except it didn't have a hair dryer, which is somewhat standard in the hotels I've used in the past several years. The tub and counter could have used some new caulking to improve appearances. The shower was actually wonderful, with lots of water pressure. The bathroom door needed to be replaced - it was falling apart but it still functioned well enough for us.

We stayed on a Friday night. There was a lot of noise from children running up and down the hall until late. I think the resort's main draw on the weekend is probably the indoor/outdoor pool and a second indoor pool. There were lots of families there with their kids enjoying the indoor pool.

Room Tip: Apparently, the Tower rooms might be better. For the money, I would probably choose a different hote...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank embie_b
Oaklyn, New Jersey
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for work back in February on a couple of the coldest days they've had in years, so this review doesn't include anything about the golf facilities or any other outdoor features. Overall, the room was decent. I stayed in one of the tower rooms, which was well maintained and very clean. Customer service was good, except for the fact that they almost couldn't find the credit card information that was sent by my company, which I thought was odd considering the conference center is part of the property. As such, one would safely assume that they handle corporate bookings all the time and wouldn't have issues with such reservations. In case you're expecting to be close to Chicago while staying here...don't. It's a good hour or more from the city depending on traffic, and the drive is not a pleasant one, particularly during the winter months. There is plenty of shopping and several restaurants nearby, and the food at the resort is decent (I had the BEST vegetable soup ever at the little lunch place located on the main level). I didn't use the pool or spa, but the atrium is beautiful if you're looking for a quiet place to read or surf the web and it's too cold to sit outside. There are many other features on site (comedy club, restaurant, bar) that I didn't use personally so I'm not able to comment on those.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are closest to the conference center and other on site attractions.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
PheasantResort, Director of Sales at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for the nice review and excellant feedback! We hope to welcome you back soon... we will mak sure we have plenty of soup!!!

Director of Sales and Marketing
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our pool (billiards) team stayed at the Pheasant Run in October/November 2013 for one week while it hosted the TAP Nationals. The rooms themselves needed an upgrade but they were clean and everything in our room was in working condition. There were visible stains on some of the bed sheets and the beds were small. We requested a fridge in our room but they were all taken and we did not get one during our entire stay. The pools were beautiful but most of us were too busy playing billiards to get a chance to swim in them.

The resort itself is in a convenient location. We frequently attended the Wal Mart Super center for food and alcohol and if we didn't eat at the Pheasant Run, there were several restaurants nearby to choose from. The food in the Pheasant Run restaurants was fantastic and I was impressed with the options in the ice cream shop.

All staff were friendly and a request for a cork screw was granted in minutes. The maids were friendly and patient (some of the teams made quite a mess playing pranks on each other).

Overall, I am happy I spent most of my time playing pool and not vacationing here. If the rooms and other parts of the resort did some upgrading it would go a long way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We seriously value your business and do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. We have been making so many improvements lately and many of them are based your advice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any other comments or suggestions.

Jeanne P. Hahn
E-Mail: jhahn@pheasantrun.com
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The room was clean but small and showed wear. The hallways are cold dirty and very dated. The best feature of this resort is the outdoor/indoor pool. It was amazing. You could swim outside where it was snowy and freezing then you swim under the wall and are inside and can stand in the hot water that comes down the rock waterfall. But after swimming you had the very cold walk back to your room in the cold hallways.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Gail D
PheasantResort, Director of Sales at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay had some challenges. We take feedback (good and bad) very serious. It is truly what helps us to improve our product and services at the resort.

Jeanne P. Hahn
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Been to Pheasant Run Resort? Share your experiences!