“1st anniversary”

Pheasant Run Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Because of lack of time and dollars we stayed at pheasant run for our 1st anniversary last weekend (2/21-23). We had a great time considering we were only 45 minutes from home. We actually never even left property, which was exactly what I wanted. I love walking into a place (when we can't actually travel somewhere else) and having everything there. They had 2 restraints, the breakfast and dinner buffet, 3 bars (including the steak house lounge), ice cream shop, cute little store and a deli/grab and go kind of place. Plus the comedy club, theater and pools. Plenty to keep you busy for a few days.
The resort is on the older side and could use a little updating, but nothing that would stop us from staying again. The service was amazing and made up for any peeling wallpaper. Friday we ate at the harvest steak house which was good. Slightly overpriced but nothing that floored us. The drinks/food in general was on the high side but everything was great so we never regretted eating on property. The breakfast buffet was fabulous, especially Sunday and was more than enough to keep us full until dinner. The room was quiet and really pretty nice (we stayed in the tower). Zanies was a blast too. We weren't too sure what to expect but it was something fun and different for us. It was a great place to get away and just hide from the real world for a weekend. I'm sure we will return again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 25, 2014

from start to finish Pheasant Run made my experience with them exceptionally easy and memorable their staff is considerably friendly, warm and hospitable. I gave them nearly no instructions on how I wanted my engagement party to look other then black and white with romantic lighting and somehow they were able to give me exactly what I wanted and more. if I never stop writing I still couldn't express the wonderful experience I had at Pheasant Run. I would highly recommend Pheasant Run to anyone who is looking for a unique and memorable experience with wonderful customer service and a staff that is warm and welcoming as if you've known them for years or they are members of your own family. Just amazing. Also I'd like to give special recognition to Amanda Eubank. her ability to listen and understand what you're looking for in your event is a true gift. she has a unique ability to remember the smallest details things that you wouldn't even remember telling her and you yourself may have forgotten. she is warm and kind in the most honest and genuine way. In my own personal experience planning my engagement party with her I felt like I was planning the party with one of my closest friends. She did an amazing job and I could not have been happier with the outcome. It was a night that my fiance and I will always remember as one of are
happiest and one we were able to share with are friends and family without any stress or even a hint of disappointment. A beautiful place with beautiful people that will give you beautiful memories that last a life time.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Spend another "mini-vacation" with the family here. The indoor/outdoor pool is a big attraction -- who doesn't like swimming outside in the snow? (The water is warm enough to make it a lovely swim.) However, there were no pool towels. My husband had someone call for towels, and they took almost an hour to arrive. That's bad. The pool area is quite chilly. Need a towel!

The staff is friendly. The rooms are nice, but ours, #3138, wasn't very clean. Didn't look vacuumed or dusted. Only one bath towel. Other towels not folded right (were they used?). (Although bath towels arrived quickly after we called housekeeping.) In the summer, this room would have a nice little patio with view of golf course (and a bit of parking lot).

If there's a convention at the "MegaCenter", the place can be quite crowded. We couldn't get a reservation for dinner due to the crowd, so we ordered room service, which arrived quickly and was pretty good quality. Only the french fries were soggy. The salmon, chopped salad and grilled cheese were quite good.

There were good qualitiy crafts (make a mardi gras mask, decorate a giant cookie) for the kids, a kids' movie, and a magic show. Staff told us the movie was in the atrium, which it wasn't, and that there'd be popcorn, which there wasn't. But we eventually found the movie.

We skipped the fancy Sunday brunch (which in the past has been great), and went to the other restaurant. Unfortunately, they had a small buffet. Too bad, their a la carte breakfasts rock.

Pheasant Run is quite nice, has lots going for it. It's almost excellent. A good little getaway with kids for a day or two.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "wings" can be noisy at night. The hallways were freezing -- I don't...
1  Thank clange
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a work event held at Pheasant Run and it was very pleasant and relaxing. After a day of work it was very enjoyable to go back to my comfortable and peaceful room and unwind. I enjoyed very much sitting by the large windows and over looking the beautiful grounds. The resort has a laid back but professional feel which I look forward to when attending work events and meetings. The staff and amenities were outstanding and made my work time and personal time at the resort well appreciated. The staff was pleasant and courteous and the hotel and rooms were clean and well maintained. Business or pleasure I would recommend staying at the Pheasant Run Resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's weekend Sunday brunch in the Atrium Garden restaurant - delicious, with multiple food stations - something for everyone. Food displays were constantly refreshed so you always felt like the kitchen was at the top of their game. The service was attentive and the wait staff lovely to talk to - thank you to Donna & Marlene. Listened to live jazz musicians - a nice touch - and who serenaded us when they learned it was a special occasion (our wedding anniversary), making it truly a special moment. Bought our teenagers along and enjoyed a delightful family experience. Brunch quality was on par with downtown Chicago restaurants without having to make the trip into the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
PheasantResort, Director of Sales at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the business and hope to welcome you back soon.

Jeanne Hahn
Director of Sales

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at Pheasant Run Feb 8, 2014 for a Birthday Party. It is a very nice hotel! The indoor/outdoor pool is awesome, they also have a hot tub, and sauna.The kids really loved it. Our room in the towers was very nice and clean. The staff was all very nice and we also enjoyed the bar. I read some reviews and people say its overpriced, I would have to disagree.

Room Tip: The rooms in the towers are very nice.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have so much fun at Pheasant Run Resort , with so many activities theirs plenty for both adults and kids , my favorite is the golf course it's by far the best in the fox valley , the course is beautiful and great customer service they always have offers to save AND some super fun couple outings .
Visit the website for weekend get away packages
During the winter months visit zanies comedy club then have dinner ,

Room Tip: Tower rooms or golf villa
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West - St Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Pheasant Run Resort? Share your experiences!