“A Chicagoland Icon”

Pheasant Run Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great service and a real at-home feel. There is no pretentiousness at this long time Chicago suburban resort. Although some updating is needed, much updating has been done and is being done on an ongoing basis. This is a very comfortable retreat that breathes relaxation and "go have fun." The beautifully manicured sprawling landscaped grounds are gorgeous and so relaxing to view. Inside the resort there is a surprising number of things to do from a stroll down "Bourbon Street" to a visit at the comedy club or live dinner theater. There is a full spa and three pools on the premises as well. We met family here for an overnighter and had so much fun. Although this could be a romantic retreat depending on which amenities you choose, it is a very family friendly place as well. I started going to Pheasant Run in the 1970's and have to say that they still deliver a great experience no matter what your choice is.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two story whirlpool suite in the golf wing. The bedroom/bath was excellent as was th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel to West Chicago a few times a year and look for new places to try out. This time the Pheasant Run Resort was my choice as the price we competitive and the word "resort" was in the name.

Location. It's on a pretty busy street with plenty of options for food including mexican, italian, fast food and continental. Close by there is a liquor store, pharmacy and grocery for those that like a night cap and don't want to do it in a bar. There is a Target nearby and a shopping mall across the street and down a half mile or so. So I'd give the location a big thumbs up.

Amenities. There is an indoor pool and outdoor pool. I did not partake of them but they appeared in good repair and were being well utilized by the guests. There is a golf course, which appeared to be in good shape and was fairly busy. There is a cool little "Bourbon Street" set up at the hotel...like a mini-Bourbon Street. It was not open during my stay, maybe inquire about what it's all about when you call, looked like it had promise. A few restaurants and bar on the premises, neither of which I took part it.

Room. I stayed in the Tower, 4th floor. Room a bit dated, but clean and everything in working order. The room and resort in general has a dark, paneled 70's feel, but again, it was clean and there were no unpleasant smells or things that appeared way out of order. Ice and vending was one floor up, but no big deal. Room had ironing board and iron, which I used and both worked fine. Check in was pleasant and quick. Service in general was good, no issues. Room was quiet. I had guests on either side and heard nothing all night long.

Would I stay there again? Yes, likely would.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry L
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Returning to the area for business/pleasure, took the opportunity to return to Pheasant Run after a lapse of 15 years. Not sure what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised to find it as inviting and welcoming as ever. Room was upgraded to the tower at no charge, and we had a great view of the Fox Valley all day and night. The pools were amazing still, and my grandkids enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool most. The staff was friendly, efficient and courteous. Food at the Jambalaya restaurant for both the Fish Fry and the Ribfest was amazing, and could not believe the quality and amount of food for the price. Glad we took this chance on memory lane and will definitely go back when our travels return us to the Western suburbs.

Room Tip: Tower rooms offer great views of the local area. They are worth the few dollars more.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband & myself, and Our grown children and school-age grandchildren spent the weekend at PR. The resort has not changed much in the past 20-30 years, but still offers a comfortable place to stay. I was disappointed in the facilities and the rooms as they are in dire need of serious updating. But looking past the need for updating, the staff was most helpful, the restaurant food delicious, and the "entertainment" for children awesome! We all totally enjoyed ourselves by participating in PR's "S'mores-n-More" family package which included crafts, movies, scavenger hunt, a Magic show, & s'mores at the fire pit! The swimming pools were still open for end-of-season enjoyment without crowds!

Room Tip: Tower rooms on the golf course side are best!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and only experienced the lobby and the room I stayed in. Some people might enjoy the decor in the lobby, but I felt like I was transported back to the 60's. After getting my key, I walked to my room and it took me at least 3 minutes to walk there down a drab carpet. I was pleasantly surprised to find a flat screen tv in my room as I was not expecting that based on the appearance of the hotel. The room and bathroom were pretty small for my standards and seemed a little dirty. My room was located on the ground floor and I never felt comfortable during my 4 day stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IRun2Eat
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for a weekend and spent 2 night at the Pheasant resort. We went to Zanies - had a great time. The next day my husband met his friends to play golf, and I went to the spa. Can speak for myself - I loved it!! Food was great: we had b-fast buffet in the morning - big selection, they make omelet per order. Dinner at Harvest - food was excellent. Overall - we had a good relaxing time. Definitely will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for one night only. Had a great dinner at the Harvest, went to Zannies afterwards for show. Great time and at very reasonible package price. Definately would do it again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles

Been to Pheasant Run Resort? Share your experiences!