Pheasant Run Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgolf coursejambalayabourbon streetthe indoor outdoor poolcomedy clubgolf wingnew orleansfire pitcomedy showgrounds are beautifulharvestpoolspheasantatriumarcadedjbonfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As Pheasant Run celebrates 50 years serving the traveling public, please know that the Society of Decorative Painters chose it as the 2013 annual Conference venue. I & most everyone I spoke with loved the charming, rambling facility and friendly staff. A tip: If you need an elevator rather than stairs, ask for lodging in the "tower" where the rooms are recently nicely updated & redecorated. I loved my room! If nostalgia is important, request a "dated" room in the original wings. Some might say those rooms need work but others, especially those who have enjoyed those rooms through the past half-century will say that they are a blast from the past. Bring your bathing suit...the atrium pool & hot tub & the indoor-outdoor pool are great! Excellent meeting rooms & food service too. I can't say enough good about Pheasant Run!

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower Room if a newly decorated room w/elevator access is needed. Or, if nostalgia is important, ask for an older room in the original wings of the resort.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It's obvious when arriving the facilities need a face lift, and you will find the same upon arriving in your room. There are dirt spots on my comforter and the shower needs to be really cleaned. With that said, the staff is extremely friendly and accomodating for all needs from organizing meeting rooms to setting up golf for any number. With cosmetic changes this would be more acceptable resort to hold a conference.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pheasant Run has lots of fun things to do and is a great place for groups of people to stay. The staff is very nice and helpful. Beautiful golf course and wonderful swimming pools, etc. Check it out online and give it a try if you go the area - you will be comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pheasant Run isn't a bad place, but it is definitely dated and could use some serious updating. The cost per night, plus the mandatory resort fee, even if you don't use the resort facilities, should be used towards replacing the carpeting throughout and updating the TVs and bathrooms.

I will say that overall the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. They try to make you happy, though sometimes things fall through the cracks.

My biggest issue is that the doors are not insulated, so any and all noise from the halls come in under the door. There was a convention of sorts when we stayed there and all night long there were people talking loudly in the hallway as they waited for the elevators. It finally quieted down around 2-3 AM.

The second night, the room next to us, which could have been a connecting room with a door between the two rooms, had a party. We could hear every single word through the door, even though we had our TV on. We finally had to call the front desk to ask them to speak to the people next door. If the door had been better insulated, it wouldn't have been nearly as loud and we wouldn't have had to be the party poopers we ended up being.

I know that I would not stay at Pheasant Run if I were paying the bill out of my pocket. My company paid for it. Next year, we will probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room facing the golf course and away from the elevators.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I came to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I had mentioned it in the comments when making my reservation and when we checked in we were given an envelope with a card congratulating us on our anniversary and giving us two drink coupons. I forget the front desk clerk's name but he was very nice and made checking in a breeze. We went to our whirlpool suite which had a great view of the outdoor pool. My only issues with the room was the televisions need to be seriously updated. We had bad reception for most of the channels. Also in the morning when my husband went to make a pot of coffee, there was old coffee still in the pot. We were in Room 3201 I believe if that helps. We left to grab some lunch and came back to find a card under our door. It was another anniversary card and it looked like it was from the staff who worked on our floor. That was very nice! We had a dinner/Zanies/brunch package. The dinner buffet was ok. I would have liked to see more options. The garlic potatoes were very good. The Zanies show was entertaining but my margarita was not. And for them to be a 2 drink minimum and pumping up the price on those, I would have liked to have enjoyed my drink. We received two complimentary tickets to come back to see another show so it was obvious they aren't worried about ticket prices but make their money on the drinks. The wait staff was very attentive and coming around several times to see if we needed anything at all. In the morning we noticed no shampoo in the upstairs bathroom and I needed it. My husband called the front desk and they said it would be brought. We waited 15 minutes and no one came. My husband went to the downstairs bathroom and found some for me. No one ever showed up to bring more. The breakfast buffet was better than the dinner buffet. We were in a rush so we had to quickly scarf down our food. Nothing against the buffet at all we just had a train to catch to get downtown. Overall we enjoyed our stay. We had ice cream and watched a magician/balloon artist before our Zanies show at Bourbon Street and walked around the facility. We celebrated our one year dating anniversary here as well so it was nice to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the outside pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple