Pheasant Run Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgolf coursejambalayabourbon streetthe indoor outdoor poolcomedy clubgolf wingnew orleansfire pitcomedy showgrounds are beautifulharvestpoolspheasantatriumarcadedjbonfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to Pheasant Run years ago for New Year's Eve parties (staying in the older part of the resort) and we found it quite nice. Had a great time, etc. This time I took my boyfriend for his birthday with the Zanies package: room, buffet dinner, 2 tickets to Zanies to see David Brenner, and the brunch. Firstly, the room was fine as it normally is in the newer part of the resort: the Towers. The buffet dinner, however, was disappointing for the price. More than enough food, quality was okay, but not on par with the brunch (which also served some of the buffet dinner selections). The brunch was excellent and worth the price. Zanies: David Brenner was a comedian I saw on TV years ago and like a previous reviewer said, David Brenner basically just talked about himself; his former life as a high-end comedian who did the Tonight Show 158 times. Okay, I can take five or ten minutes of this, but most of the entire show? Yes, it was exactly like a one-man David Brenner docu-drama. Hmmm. I still enjoyed it, although it was a bit disappointing. As for the dated look of the resort, yes, quite. I noticed that chairs in the bar area were worn, frayed and sometimes a little dirty which led me to think what would Anthony Melchiorri (of the Travel channel's Hotel Impossible) do? Definitely throw those chairs out, clean the carpets, and redo the rooms in the older section of the resort. Another idea: put more shops/stores in the the Bourbon Street part where there are now only several eateries and a nice gift shop. Other than swimming in a pool teaming with little kids and noisy teenagers (as it was this particular weekend), there's not much to do in the winter. (The resort did specify ice-skating, but no one was skating, nor was there anyone supervising this event). Also, no lifeguards or adult supervision was evident in the main indoor/outdoor pool where loads of kids were horseplaying. Another point: Place more emphasis on the spa services (didn't see anything in the rooms about the entire resort and what they have to offer); just got a map from the lobby of the resort layout and a vague daily "activity" schedule. Where are the phone numbers for spa services? Where is the obligatory in-room booklet/pamphlets you receive from most resorts, with phone numbers and activity ideas? Sorry, didn't get it. All in all, while our experience was pleasant at the Pheasant, it was, unfortunately, not a top-notch resort. And, we could certainly use one in the suburbs of Chicago like The Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva, WI. What is a little sad is that it really could be top-notch with a little more work and effort. Hope it will be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The staff was wonderful. The food excellent. The indoor/outdoor pool divine. Yes, it is a bit dated but the resort is clean, safe, and like I said, the staff is extremely responsive and respectful. We were there for a birthday weekend - bought both packages for the play and Zanies. I felt this was very reasonable considering the entertainment and food that was included. Paid an extra $25.00 and got my money's worth - A Birthday Poster Board on the door, several balloons and streamers, a full bottle of champagne, and a birthday cake enough for four people. This was our first time but not our last.

Room Tip: Definitely Tower - very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been planning our family reunion at Pheasant Run for over 20 years! There seemed to be some changes there this year, as far as planning it, that were a pleasant surprise. I found the staff for the planning process, especially Kate, to be more professional, timely, responsive than staff in the past. I was confident in the communication that the staff understood our needs, from room reservations to private dinners. Our Harvest Restaurant dinners were fantastic! Two of our family members are executive chefs that especially appreciate the quality that comes from the kitchen and understand the efforts. They had nothing but good things to say about Chef! Our server, Val, was amazing as usual!

Room Tip: I find the rooms in the Tower to be nicer and more modern.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at Pheasant Run. The second time we stayed here we said we would not come back but our kids bought us a gift card not realizing we felt it has gone downhill. Our room was not ready until almost 6:00. The lobby was filled with guests waiting for their rooms. Our room smelled like a horse barn. The refrigerator that came after 3 calls to get one didn't work, my prime rib was so full fo fat the waitress took it off the bill. We saw David Brenner at the comedy club. We could not believe his performance. He basically talked about himself the entire time. In the 1 1/2 hour show, he got three laughs. It was like watching a documentary in a comedy club. The only good thing about the "resort" is the staff. They all were wonderful. I feel sorry that they have to listen to unsatisfied customers when it's managements fault.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sally c
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel premises are definitely due for an upgrade. However, the hotel staff as well as the restaurant staff are absolutely wonderful. Although the staff I have interacted with at the hotel have been more than helpful, one stood out from the rest. Ms. Martha was my server at both the Jambalaya Restaurant and at the Cafe several days and not only was she service oriented, but also kind and friendly. Thank you Pleasant Run Resort for your great service and a big thanks to Martha as well. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business