“Staying in St. Charles”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Staying in St. Charles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I go to St. Charles Illinois for expositions. This was my second stay at this particular hotel. I find the staff to be friendly and courteous, the rooms to be clean, and overall, a generally acceptable stay. This will be my hotel when I'm staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Hytecher09,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your excellent experience while a guest at the Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL. I could not agree with you more that our staff is friendly and courteous, our rooms clean, and a great value for your hospitality dollar. We appreciate the kind words and will continue to work hard each day to ensure that each of our guests also has and excellent stay. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Holiday Inn Express, St. Charles, IL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had good luck staying at the HIE in St. Charles. We got a room that overlooked the courtyard. After we got there, we found out the hotel is dog friendly so we may bring Fido if we return. There is also an outdoor pool but since it was about 8 degrees we decided not to swim this visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenrockford
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear jenrockford,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know that you had a wonderful experience while staying with us at The Holiday Inn Express-St. Charles, IL. I am happy that you found the guest room to your liking, as our housekeeping staff works very hard every day to present spotlessly clean and inviting accommodations for our great guests. We are pet friendly so you may certainly feel free to travel with "fido" whenever you come back to the St. Charles, IL area. By all means, please come in the summer when you can enjoy our refreshing outdoor pool. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to The Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL.
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

8 night stay in two different rooms; #200 King Suite w/ spa tub & #206 Standard King

We have stayed here a number of times over the past few years; it has always been a good
stay. This time the exceptional friendlines and service of the staff were the most notable
highlights. Jen, the front desk person, was very welcoming and made our transfer from
one room to the other as seamless as it could ever be ( change was due to change in
type of room we needed not due to any problem). The manager,Bob, seemed to be
always around, checking with guests, checking the property both inside & out, and
just generally being friendly in a way to make sure we were comfortable and satisfied.
The rooms had good beds with plenty of pillows; cleanliness was overall very
good; the maids did a thorough job; the rooms are well maintained and may have had
some refurb since our last stay. We did not notice any smoke smell in any area of the
hotel.
The one area of the rooms that need work are the bathrooms-they were clean enough,
but the fixtures--esp. the vanity tops, the tub/showers, and the doors are "tired".
There is no elevator which is somewhat of an issue when four people are staying
for a long stay & the top floor is the best choice for quiet.
The breakfast is standard HIE fare, with a new (to us ) automatic pancake maker;
an 8 day stay does pretty well exhaust the combinations/possibilities.
Overall, a very fine stay, we will stay here again, we recommend it; better bathrooms
could move this hotel to the excellent level.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davontheroad
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Davontheroad,

Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind words about our hotel and staff. It was very gratifying to read that the "exceptional" friendliness and service of the staff were your most notable highlights. Each team member strives daily to make our guests feel most welcome and provide EXCELLENT service, and it is most satisfying for me to let them know their efforts are not going unnoticed.

You will be happy to learn that we have completed upgrading the granite vanity countertops, sinks and faucets in all of our guest bathrooms. They project a great image and it makes for a nice fresh look. Thank you for noticing, for your suggestions, and for allowing me the opportunity to boast a little about our new product!

I shall be certain to share your warm comments with the entire team, and we do look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the Holiday Inn Express, St. Charles, IL.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in October 2012. Can't tell you how disappointed I was with the condition of this Holiday Inn Express.

Although clean in apprearance, the room , hallway, and balance of the hotel smelled like it had been smoked in heavily for the last several decades. Overpowering to be honest with you.

It is what it is, so my wife and two kids loaded in to the room. After the kids made all their noise about the rough smell, we sat down on the beds and couldn't believe how worn out they were. Between the audible clunk of the springs and the fact that both beds were so worn out that you had no choice but to roll to the middle of the bed, we resigned ourselves to a crappy night of sleep.

Extremely disappointed. I've stayed at countless Holiday Inn Express properties and never have I stayed at one so outdated and in poor repair.

Last time I'll stay here and will definitely reconsider our loyalty to Priority Club properties from here on.

• Stayed October 2012
Robert F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear matherdad,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions about the Holiday Inn Express. I completely agree with you that our rooms are all "clean in appearance" as our housekeeping staff does an excellent job every day ensuring a high level of cleanliness.

I am sorry that you experienced an unacceptable smell of smoke in your guestroom and hallway. While we do still have a handful of smoking rooms in the rear corridor of the property the staff tries very hard to keep any residual smell from penetrating other areas. Occasionally, as with any hotel, we have an inconsiderate guest who will smoke in a non-smoking room but we do our best to keep that to a minimum and extract a $200 charge if we so determine that to be the case.

As to your other issue, we are in the final stages of replacing any remaining older mattresses with all new pillow top mattresses and hope to complete that project very shortly.

Please accept my apologies for your less than 100% satisfactory stay, and know that we are doing our best to curtail these issues.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Three friends and I booked 2 rooms at this hotel for 3 nights, 10/4/12 - 10/7/12. It was a wonderful stay. The rooms were big; beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows; shower head was great; flat screen TV; coffeemaker in room. One of the things that made such a good impression was that the hotel was very clean, and very quiet. The rooms and hallways must be very well insulated, as we didn't hear a sound all night. We were on the 2nd floor.

The hot breakfast was wonderful - cinnamon rolls; scrambled eggs or omelets; bacon or sausage; bisquits and gravy; several juices; coffee with flavored creamers - an extra nice touch; several teas; a pancake machine (which I've never seen); breads; bagels; English muffins; jams; jellies; peanut butter; little muffins; cereals; apples; bananas; hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Sorry if I missed anything - but you get the picture - a great breakfast. There was plenty of seating area, and you weren't crowded.

As good as the breakast, were the the warm cookies in the evening (and of course, coffee and tea to go with them).

The lobby is really nice, with plenty of room to relax. There are a couple of couches and comfy chairs. There was a nice big square table where we played cards in the evening, while enjoying our cookies and hot beverages.

There is a wonderful woman at the front desk, Lori, who gave us tips on activities and restaurants, always with a smile. Thank you, Lori, for your good service. You couldn't have been more helpful.

The only thing I would suggest, if you have a problem with steps, is to ask for a first floor room. There is no elevator at the hotel, and it has 2 stories. It didn't make a difference to us, but I hadn't thought about asking if there was an elevator.

It was a really great place to stay in every way. I would definitely stay again, and would recommend it to anyone lookinig for a really good hotel in St. Charles, IL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear imperialdancer,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel, and particularly front desk agent Lori. I could not agree with you more that the Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL is ..."a really great place to stay in every way." From your comments it is apparent that you completely enjoyed your visit with us and to St. Charles, and I am very glad that we helped contribute to what sounded like a terrific weekend for you and your friends.

I will be certain to share your EXCELLENT comments with all of the staff, and Lori in particular.

Please visit us again at the Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL the next time you are in the area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Checked in around 5. Carlos didn't welcome us. Only said, "Yea, how can I help Ya" seemed annoyed that I interrupted the game he was watching on the lobby tv. Had an issue with my room size (they are smallest HI express rooms I've ever rented ) Carlos offered No help whatsoever and I was too tired to argue with him. A block of wood has better customer service skills. Next day Jen was a star and moved us to a different room. Walked right by Robert both mornings outside tending the flowers, he never greeted us, never spoke to us. Not What I have come to expect from HI express hotels. BTW Jen should be given a raise. Good breakfast, nice lobby, well lighted parking, old TVs , beds are OK.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank upnorthrgt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear upnorthrgt,

It is certainly our pleasure hosting your stay. I'm glad Jen was able to address your concerns with the room accommodation. However I do apologize for the unacceptable service that you received from our staff. We have taken note of your comments and this will be used to reconsider improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I arrived at the desk the matron was on 2 phones and waited on me while taking additional calls. Although quite busy, the front desk was great and the hotel in general has a nice feel to it.
The rooms were very clean, including the bathroom, floors, and the linens. The bed was comfortable and I slept through the night, which is atypical for me. I stayed during the heat wave, one day was over 105F. The air worked fine and was not overly noisy. I spent time at the pool and it was nice. It gets deep quick. There is a 5 foot wide area of 3 foot deep water and then it goes to 6 foot deep in about another 12 foot.
The breakfast area was very clean and appealing. The food was good, including pancakes and warm cinnamon rolls. The breakfast area was always just about to capacity when I was there. There are about 8 tables that spill toward the lobby which has a couple chairs and couches. Reference the pictures on the website.
This hotel is 2 floors and does not have an elevator. If you cannot make stairs at home, there is no way you will do them here. Plently of parking.
The train station to downtown Chicago is about 5 mi away. Within a 5 mi radius of the hotel, there are numerous restaurants (chain & sole proprietor), shops, and parks.

Bottom line: Very clean, quiet, & comfortable in a great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrEECS
Dear DrEECS,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a most EXCELLENT description of your visit and stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express, St. Charles, IL. We all certainly agree with your bottom line assessment that the hotel is..."Very clean, quiet & comfortable in a great location." The staff, in all departments, takes their responsibilities seriously and are committed to providing our great guests with a safe, clean room, tasty complimentary breakfast, and a familial environment within which to spend one or more days. I am glad that we succeeded in making that happen for you.

Once again, thank you for your kind words that I will be certain to share with the staff. We welcome you to return to the Holiday Inn Express St. Charles, IL the next time your travels bring you to this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!