“Night out on the town”

Sun, 5/26
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

This was our first time at the Finery. We had a fantastic dinner starting with a sparkling Rose and fresh bread with flavored butter. We split the Pheasant with creamy risotto. It was seasoned and cooked perfectly and the risotto was super cheesy! I loved the crunchy Brussels sprouts. The service was very good and the owner came to check on us and visit. I almost forgot our grilled Caesar salad with poached egg and croutons which I'll definitely have again! We finished with Creme Brûlée! Yummy! We'll be back

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 24, 2019

Was at the Finery & Blacksmith Bar last evening for my parents shared 70th birthday celebration. This establishment has been the highest pleasure to work with in setting up the personalized surprise party menu and even educated me on time planning. Then of course, we ran late, yet not one staff member seemed affected, they were extremely polite and understanding. The meal portions were not only extravagant, the flavors were unique and some of my guests seemed to want to lick their plates. Everyone kept going on about their choice and I even caught a guest engaged in deep conversation, blindly pick up a butter knife and with her steak so tender, the butter knife was like a hot knife thru butter. The Salmon was delicate and moist, the Pheasant was tender seasoned to perfection. The atmosphere was comfortable, no one was to hot or cold, there were no fans or vents pouring hot or cold breezes on anyone anywhere.

If you have family party, first date, work gathering, Christmas party, or any other reason to just enjoy good food and fill you belly. Please Please Please visit these great people in this lovely restaurant, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

We travel and eat out a lot so at this point in my life it is hard to wow me. Boy did this place surprise and amaze me. My husband and I usually order 2 different meals so we can share and taste more things. We made an exception tonight and both ordered the pheasant because it is so hard to find on any menus. Thank heavens we did not have to share. It was FREAKING DELICIOUS.

We were in St Charles to see a show at the Arcada Theater and had booked a room at the Best Western so we would not have to drive home in the snow. We ate at the Finery for diner then hit the Arcada and plan to go to Fermi for a flute concert on Sunday. A great staycation.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019

We went to The Finery while in town visiting family over Christmas. There was seven of us and this was our first time there. Before we arrived we had decided to dine on appetizers and small plates. The menu was so diverse we had to order a some main dishes to share too. The Beef Cheeks were out of this world. It was my first time trying Beef Cheeks and they were so delicious I literally dreamed about them. The craft cocktails were awesome and I had a hard time choosing just one. We topped our meal off with amazing cannoli, creme brulee with a perfect top to crack, and apple pie. They do have a seasonal menu, so I'm not sure if the Beef Cheeks are a regular item. If it's not it should be. Can't wait to go back and enjoy more awesome food. Thank you for making a family dinner such a memorable event.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

A truly enjoyable evening with good service and a delightful dining experience. Adequate wine list and quality modern America cuisine make it a must visit if you are in St Charles or anywhere in the Fox Valley.

Date of visit: December 2018