I originally chose this hotel based on location and price within this category of hotel. It's in an area with lots of retail & food, close to my office, and within a few miles is beautiful downtown St. Charles. I stay at this hotel on a regular basis because of the good experience that I always have.
My review takes into consideration the category of this hotel as 'mid level', not budget and not high level or luxury. I usually stay at mid or high level hotels. First I must be clear that I always stay in the 'Business Class' rooms at this hotel. These rooms are spacious, in a separate building from the main hotel (but right next to it) and they cost just a little more. This review is based on those and I cannot speak to their normal rooms. Note that I only gave a very good rating in the Rooms category because of a couple items I mentioned below, but the other positives for the room just about offset those.
Things that I appreciate are:
- spacious rooms that are almost twice the size of a typical room
- quiet rooms - I never hear anyone on the upper floor when I'm on the first floor and never hear anyone beside me other than a closing room door from the hall
- separate tub/toilet and sink areas providing a little more space for each
- medium size refrigerator (w/small freezer space) and microwave in each room
- above average decor, fixtures and furniture
- comfortable bed (I like beds with some support - not too firm, not too soft)
- excellent pillows (some heavy and feathery feeling which I like, some semi-firm - they usually have two of each)
- heating/cooling unit is quieter than most (I can't sleep when the heater starts up with an abrupt loud noise in the middle of the night)
- internet has good bandwidth so you don't have to wait forever for pages to load
- the staff is always friendly and accommodating
There are only two things that I can be critical about, and both are pretty small items:
- the hangers are the type that wrap around the rod and you cannot remove them - they're functional, but I feel like it's something you expect to find in a budget hotel
- the phones are not speaker phones so you can't talk hands free while working on the computer - not a big deal, just one of my 'nice to haves'
Overall, I always have a good experience at this hotel. If an issue arises, which has only been once with the internet for the twenty or so times I've stayed there, the staff is very interested in taking care of it as quickly as possible. This particular problem was a bad router and they immediately moved me to another room which took care of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash around in our Outdoor Heated Pool with Brand New Furniture. Perfect for Relaxation & Sunbathing. King Whirlpool Suite & Two Queen bedroom suite with living room available. Complimentary Shuttle with group contract perfect for Weddings. In addition to unbeatable value, and a great location at this St. Charles hotel, you can explore historic downtown St. Charles. Try your luck at Grand Victoria Casino. Your St. Charles vacation experience is customizable to your interests when you stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn of St. Charles. After a full day out on the town, head back to this St. Charles BEST WESTERN for rest. Each comfortable guest accommodation here offers complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable television with HBO(R), a microwave, refrigerator, all the comforts of home. Rate includes full hot breakfast daily. *Note this hotel has no elevators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Inn of St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Best Western