“Value & Location”

Best Western Inn of St. Charles
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Staff at check in was polite and engaged. The Housekeeping staff was very pleasant and efficient. I stayed during a snowstorm, and despite the continual accummulation, the staffkept the parking area and sidewalks clear. I have stayed here and definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Hello Irving

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to make all our guest have an enjoyable stay. We love having you here. See you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn of St. Charles

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this Best Western while in town for a friends wedding. I chose it because it was close to where I needed to be, and it was a decent price.
I arrived for check-in, and the girl at the front desk was great! Julie, or Julia was her name. She was quick in checking me in, I asked her for some advice on where to get food, etc. and she was so helpful.
I went to my room and got things settled. I was in the "main" building, which basically means I was in the cheaper, exterior entrance rooms. They also have an "executive" building with indoor room entrances. The rooms are small, dark, dingy, and extremely outdated. I've stayed in no name, off the beaten path motels that were more updated and bright than this.
I did not expect a Best Western to be so much like a motel...not a hotel.
All was fine and quiet for the most part, I stopped in the lobby for some coffee, and chatted with the desk girl a bit.
The next morning. I went to the main lobby to grab a bite from the breakfast available. Most of the food is nothing but sweets, and the lobby was so crowded with other guests, with very little room to move. I grabbed a snack and went back to my room.
Was just about to fall back asleep, when there was banging on the door.. I answered the door..."Housekeeping".
I said no, I didn't need anything, then was YELLED at and scolded for not having a "do not disturb" sign on the door.
Check-out is at 11am...and let me warn you, they mean 11am SHARP!!! I was literally zipping my suitcase and about to walk out the door at 10:58..9..whatever..and the guy from the front desk was calling my room phone and harshly asking if I was staying or going.

Now let me say...I was warned not to stay at this hotel by more than a handful of people. They seem to not have a good reputation here. But despite that, I figured I could handle it. I will never stay there again. Staying in a hotel, whether it's for business or pleasure should be a pleasant experience. Relaxing, inviting, comfortable, and this place is NOT.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank amberd1388
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

FOLKS please look at the review right below you.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were nearby for a night to attend a family party. This was a prefect hotel for our location and needs. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was an easy stay with no problems.

The hot chocolate at breakfast was perfect for our snowy morning departure!

Room Tip: We had room 186 on the ground floor of the detached building. It was a very quiet location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our guest rooms and location!
Glad you liked the hot chocolate in our new coffee machine.
We love having you here.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast was adequate. What was not adequate was the staff. We requested a late check out upon our arrival, which was granted, and verified the late check out the night before departure. Apparently the note was not entered into the system either time (or the staff didn't care to pay attention to the notes), and we were woken up THREE times before even the USUAL check out time. The front desk called our room at 9am, and 10am, and housekeeping banged on our door 3 consecutive times between that. Normal check out time is 11, and after working long, difficult hours all weekend, I expected to be able to rest. The clerk at the front desk *barely managed to say he was sorry, and I find it unacceptable. There are other hotels in the area with comparable rates that will ensure that our needs are a priority. This BW did not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank pinkskulls
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Guest

You booked the reservation through Central Reservation and requested we put you in a quiet area with the $67.99 plus tax rate which is our 3 night promo in our main building.
So our team gave you a free upgrade in the executive building from the beginning. You stayed with us for 4 nights checking in on Thursday.
I spoke with our front desk clerks Julia and Lauren who state that you were inquiring about a late checkout and with our hotel policy of Noon check out complimentary otherwise there would be a nominal late fee you were not happy and did not mention that you would still take the noon checkout. Otherwise they would have put it in the system. You checked out at 12:30pm and still forgot your shoes. Our staff had to go inside the room and you thought it is ok to start yelling at them.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a funeral to attend in the area so decided to stay here instead of a family members home. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and had a refrigerator, which we loved! We've stayed here a number of times and have been happy each and every time. I like the fact that we had a choice between an outdoor access room or an interior access room. Can't wait to see the new lobby when they're done renovating! They also have a very lovely pool area which is nice to hang out in during the summer months.

Room Tip: The executive class rooms are very spacious and well decorated.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for the great review. Hope everything went well at the funeral and wish you all the best.
I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Seeing our guests happy is what makes us happy.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love this establishment !! From the owner to the staff they always make our visit warm and inviting.. Our room is very large and comfortable,a perfect match for relaxing during our time away from home. We always look forward to our trip and wouldn't stay any where else!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello Mary

Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor! I am so glad that our team exceeds your expectations and that you enjoy our spacious and comfy guest rooms! We love having you here!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have stayed at this inn a couple of times while attending family functions, and will continue to do so. First and foremost, the rooms are clean, roomy, and even come with a fridge. There's coffee available, and a continental breakfast. Check the rates vs. other hotels in the area, and you'll quickly note how reasonable they are!
The building has some age to it, but the ownership is upgrading and have cleaned up the facility very nicely. Even though the accommodations are not spanking new, you can tell and see that they have worked hard to make everything comfortable and attractive.
One of the Best Values on the market!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Arpit P, General Manager at Best Western Inn of St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear David

Thank you for your review. We love having you here and are happy that you enjoy your stays.
We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and love that you noticed.
We work very hard to be the best option in the area. Sounds like we are getting it done.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva
The Herrington Inn & Spa

Been to Best Western Inn of St. Charles? Share your experiences!