“Great pub atmosphere and fun menu choices.”
Review of McNally's Irish Pub - CLOSED

McNally's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Northern MN
“Great pub atmosphere and fun menu choices.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have never tried a boxty and it was delicious. I had the Reuben boxty and would highly recommend. Great selection of beer on tap too. Recommend to anyone lOoking for a casual place with good food downtown.

Saint Charles, Illinois
“Average Pub”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Inside the pub is average and a bit on the small side. There's an upstairs but I never seen it. There was a wedding reception happening while there. There wasn't much of an atmosphere for a Friday night and was not very busy. My wife and I were the only one's at the bar with another group of 4 and another group of 2 in the pub. Pub is run by real Irish folks and were enjoyable to talk to. I would go again to see if the atmosphere is different. Didn't try any of the food but will the next time we go.

• Visited August 2012
Libertyville, Illinois
“Very Satisfying Lunch”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our first visit to McNally's and we had lunch there on a Saturday. Two of us tried the "Boxty", an Irish potato pancake-based dish, one the Chicken Boxty and one the Salmon Boxty. Both of us found it very filling and tasty. The server described it as a potato crepe, but it was thicker in texture, and we liked it that way. The third in our party had a Reuben and it was as good as in any deli. McNally's has a wide selection of beers, and one of us had the "Black n Tan", a mix of Guinness and Smithwick's, which was very good.

• Visited February 2013
Geneva, Illinois
“Irish Fare”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'd love to be able to go on a weekend when they have live music. However, on a random weekday evening this place is busy, service is a wee bit disorganized but a short wait time overall. The food is delicious and reasonable for dinner, probably too pricey for me to chose to go here for lunch.

Visited January 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
“A Pint for the New Year”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stopped by McNally's while out for a walk on New Year's Day. We enjoyed a couple of pints of Guinness and some delicious bar chips (French fries with garlic). Service was good, the food was great and it did actually feel a bit like being in Ireland. I believe they have Irish music there on a regular basis - I think maybe Sundays - but we have haven't been there on the right day to enjoy it.

• Visited January 2013