“Wonderful Escape to Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of McNally's Irish Pub - CLOSED

McNally's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Wonderful Escape to Ireland”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went there for our Anniversary on a Sunday afternoon, it was wonderful! Very welcoming and friendly greeting at the door, friendly staff and amazing Irish music! Food was awesome and for just a moment we were able to escape to Ireland for the afternoon, it was really a great outing and we will definately go back.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, IL
“Yummm & wow!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a long, hot day out and about the St. Charles, IL area, my boyfriend and I scouted the pretty little town for someplace to sit, get cool and eat.
We saw McNally's Irish Pub and thought we'd give it a whirl.
I should start out by saying that I have a very strict diet and horrible food allergies. I'm that customer you love to hate who asks a million questions about the food before ordering etc. It's necessary though to avoid getting really ill.
We went upstairs in the pub and sat in a lovely little booth overlooking Main street.
The air was cool, the seating was comfortable and as an added bonus a celtic band played downstairs.
My boyfriend ordered the corned beef sandwich which he said was terrific. Their homemade chips were to die for! I ordered the beef boxty without the potato pancake & cheese. I was not only excited, I was thrilled by my choice.
Because of my food limitations, it is not often I can have beef with gravy. Their boxty was melt in your mouth good and the guinness sauce/gravy was thick & rich and it didn't have any ingredients like sugar or wheat in it that I can't eat.
If I could have licked my plate without making a scene, I would have! We really enjoyed McNally's. The waiter was so accomodating and I just couldn't say enough kind things about their food, the atmosphere and our kind treatment.
Go...you'll be very glad you did!

• Visited September 2012
New Lenox, Illinois
“Great place”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to try something different and drove up to St. Charles, not really knowing what we would find. We came across the building and decided to give it a try for lunch.

We both enjoyed our food. The service was great, and the menu had a lot of choices. I'd love to come back here again sometime.

• Visited June 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Lack of service and avoidance by owner”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Three of us went to McNally's after it changed location. People (large families) came and went before we were even served. The owner was walking around talking to tables and both the owner and the server completely avoided us - no explanation as to what happened to our order and finally 1 1/2 hours into being there we got our order - the person who ordered pork chops got them under cooked. No apologies, explanations or even a discount on the overpriced food. No personality of the server but then again the owner avoided us as well. I have served food. Things happen but you go and explain. Even if the cook makes a mistake the server apologizes and explains – hey something happened to one of the orders can we buy you a round – thanks for waiting thanks for your patience. NOTHING!!! And the food was NOT worth the wait.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank JMGbrand
Winfield, Illinois
“Bit of the Irish to you”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

McNally's Pub is a close as you can get to a Irish Pub. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Rosie the bartender and Shea the floor manager are authentic Irish and add color and realism to the experience. They have a number of authentic Irish dishes on the menu and over all the food is good. The Pub has two outdoor areas for dinning/drinking (upper and lower). When visiting St. Charles, do not miss stopping in for a pint.

• Visited May 2012