“Beautiful Menu, excellent servers”

Francesca's by the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's by the River is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 197 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Always love to come to Francesca’s when I’m in town as they never disappoint.

Gnocchi was out of this world. So were the meatballs, salmon and the fettuccine.

Hankering for Italian? This is your place. Highly recommend sharing so you can try multiple goodies. We were too stuffed for their yummy desserts. Bar made a pretty good manhattan! They have a director of first impressions - I just love that. Thanks all. See you next time.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

We've eaten all over the world. I've never had a bad meal at this restaurant, and we eat here at least once a month. Try the white fish with fungi prep. It's the best!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019

Francesca's has great Italian food. You can have dinner or just drinks and appetizers. The salmon is our favorite!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Love this place! Every single time we go the food, service and staff are always amazing. There is a reason so many customers are regulars! The bartenders and the servers take the time to get to know all the guests and ensure everyone is enjoying their drinks, food and conversation. Prices are reasonable and portions are large. You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu here and that includes desserts too!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

We had excellent service at this restaurant. Our waiter was nice and attentive. The food however left a lot to be desired my wife and I both ordered wedge salad and the lobster bisque. The wedge salad was interesting to say the least. It was a hunk of romaine lettuce. Not really what you would expect in this time of romaine killing people and all. We also shared the bruschetta appetizer. This was the highlight of the meal. The mushrooms on the bruschetta were especially tasty. The lobster bisque with some of the worst somethings I’ve ever had in my mouth. Heavy. Tasted like dirty coffee, cream and black pepper. Yeah. I know it sounds bad. It was. Our friend had a pasta dish and she liked it. Overall I was less than impressed. The service was excellent too bad the food wasn’t.

Date of visit: December 2018