“Worst dining experience ever!!!”
Review of TGI Friday's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have always been a BIG fan of Fridays because the customer service,However Friday night I decided to take my 3 kids ages 11,9,and 6 to Fridays in St. Charles Il. to catch the Bulls game and grab a bite to eat. I truly felt embarrassed in the way our server made us feel. For one, I had asked for the bread sticks,salad and soup that I always get, she gave me a nasty look and said "I think your confusing us w/ Olive Garden"....I asked if she was serious and she said we have nothing like that. I said really because I come here almost every Friday and get the clam chowder. I had to point out the endless soup salad and breadstick option and she said " Oh, that's what you meant. I would have accepted that had it been in good fun however she was very nasty and rude about it. My son and I both ordered that. We waited 25 minutes to get anything to drink,we requested she please bring out the breadsticks first and she ignored that. I usually get 3 orders of soup and 2 salads. She not once returned to our table to check on us yet she passed us over a dozen times.. I needed to get out of my seat 3 times to track her down.As a result I had to clear our table ourself not once but 3 times,no refills to our table, There were maybe 4 tables filled in the bar area yet there were 3 employees working in the bar area. The thing that topped off our aweful experience is the bartender, Not only was he shouting and singing horribly off key he said the word "P-U-S-S-y" 4 times, my 6 year old pointed it out the first time. The bartender broke a bottle of liquor and 2 glasses while juggling which was a bit alarming. It was clear the few tables in the bar were very annoyed. I know Fridays is usually a fun atmosphere however this was like a freak show and a circus gone wrong. After letting the manager know what had happened he comped our meal which was a nice offer however what is most shocking is he never did offer to get the soup salad and drinks that the server never brought us. We waited 5 more minutes and a different server showed up as we were walking out and tried handing me 2 bread sticks and said "these were sitting around back did you want them?" Really? I am in Customer service and have been all my life. I have never had to write a letter or post a comment but this night will go down as the worst dining experience of my life. No Kidding! I wonder how Fridays will make this wrong a right.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Service was slow but the food was good. Lots to choose from on the menu.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Always love TGIF. The Give me more stripes program is one of the best out there and if you sign up for their email list, TGIF is good about sending nice coupons.

Sat in the bar so the service was fine. Food was good and affordable, will visit again.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Okay, I admit it that I have been unemployed in this wonderful hospitality / travel industry for too long. And in that time, I have visited and eaten in MANY restaurants, especially when our family is a beautiful hard working wife and three young boys under the ages of 15. In that quantity, I have also dined in many TGIFridays restaurants...downtown Chicago on Erie, Batavia, Bloomingdale, Aurora, Plano & Dallas, TX, and Brookfield, WI, just recently, but the BEST OF THE BUNCH is this TGIFridays in St. Charles, IL., especially after the arrival and under the watchful eye of Aidan Shuttleworth as GM, along with her very personal and able assistants Gini and Jen! Together, along with their well trained and steadfast staff of Joe, Kurt, Gabe, Colleen, Tara, Nixon, and many other bartenders & servers, one just cannot go wrong in selecting to dine at this restaurant on Route 64, very close to Pheasant Run Resort, of all the restaurant choices in the immediate tri city area of Fox Valley, Illinois, (Geneva, Batavia, and St. Charles), and all of the Chicago vicinity, for that matter! This "True Team" will welcome you with your entire family, or if you are just by yourself, and treat you as if you have been their BFF (best friends forever)!! The food is excellent tasting, plentiful portions, and very well presented when served from this restaurant's famed front/back server service. Add to this, a creative and refreshing beverage prepared by the great and friendly bartenders, and you have a recipe for a fantastic dining experience! Thank You TGIFridays St. Charles for all your wonderful welcomes, service, food, beverage, and most importantly, YOUR SMILES with good conversation. Yes, you are in for a "true treat" when you enter this TGIFriday's restaurant doors!!

Reviewed February 24, 2010

After a horrible dinner my first night in town I went to fridays great food, strong drinks and a great Atmosphere. I can understand why they are so busy.