“Awful Food”

Add it.
Lin's Garden
Ranked #69 of 173 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wayne City, Illinois
“Awful Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I asked for Chinese Food on a Sunday evening. Little did I know, my husband ordered from here. We ordered beef with green peppers. "Where's the beef'? It was loaded with onions and more onions, few green peppers and scant beef. I know these are difficult economic times, however, to present a dish like this is ridiculous. I have always said, "you can tell if a Chinese restaurant is good by its eggrolls". Well folks, this surely is true of Lin's Garden. They were the worst I have ever tasted. They tasted a little like the earth (dirt) and had the most offensive taste. Lastly, after all of this, they didn't even furnish us with fortune cookies, a must with any Chinese order. So, needless to say, this place is OFF of our "take outs list". Diane M.

• Visited March 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“HIT OR MISS ?????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been going there for about the last 10 years or so. The title pretty much says it all.

One time to get great food and service and the next time is so-so.

Got a big black hair in a meal one time.

There are a lot of newer restaurants in the area that I would try first.

John

• Visited July 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
“The Best Oriental Food Around!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have been eating at Lin's for about 35 years. It is great!!! All our friends and relatives love it too!!! When we have company from out of town - it is always the one restaurant they always want to return to.

Visited April 2012
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've been talked into going here 4 different times by co-workers thinking it'll somehow get better, and I leave with a stomachache EVERY time. Not a fan...

stamford, connecticut
“My favorite Chinese restaurant in Illinois!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2008

I had dinner with my family in Lin's Garden during our stay in Illinois a few days ago. We enjoyed this restaurant a lot! Their food is GREAT, especially the Hot and Sour soup, chow-fun, and fried rice. Their service is great as well. Lin's Garden in St. Charles, IL is a must-go for us. :-)

Sandra from Connecticut