“Very cool place to dine”
Review of St Charles Place

St Charles Place
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The table is set and the candles are lit: Join us for an elegant, unforgettable evening at St. Charles Place Steak House. Since 1993, we've been serving our guests the finest USDA prime steaks with an accompanying wine list from producers around the world. With decor that harkens back to the prohibition era supper club, we're keeping old fashioned fine dining alive in St. Charles. Voted the Best Banquet Facility in Kane County, we're the perfect space for private events as well, whether you're planning a wedding, family reunion, business dinner, etc. We look forward to raising a glass with you soon!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a cool place. All four of us in our group could not get over the various features and design of the dinning rooms. We were on sensory overload and loved it. We also all loved our meals and the great service. I went with the house speciality on teh advice of our awesome waitress; Steak Au Poivre; New York Strip encrusted with black pepper finished with a cognac sauce. It was so yummy!

1  Thank barmach
There are newer reviews for St Charles Place

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My Husband and I had a fabulous dinner. The Prime Rib was delicious and the Peppered Steak was my favorite. Don't forget to try the Bruschetta appetizer. What a great find. We will dine here again when in the area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wow! This was a great place to have out Rehersal Dinner. Tom was more then helpful with every detail. He worked with me to created a menu from which the party could pick from as well as assiting me with the center pieces which included Beta Fish. The food is outstanding and the serving staff was very nice. I would recommend this resturant not only for a big party but even just enjoying a night out. Thank you Tom and your staff for being such an important part of our sons wedding!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We so enjoyed our Dinner last night! Beautiful Dining Room..so romantic..
Our RibEye Steak was so good..perfectly grilled and the REAL mashed potatoes
were buttery and rich as they should be!
Don't miss the Baked Clams or Calamari..Delicious!
We will be back!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My hubby and I started going here because we bought groupons two years ago. The first couple of times we went there, the food was excellent, service was excellent and it made it to our list of favorite restaurants. The last two times we went here, the food wasn't nearly as good and we would have been mad had we paid full price.
Atmosphere: Dark interior, reminiscent of an old supper club with 20's touches, light fixtures. A wall of old logs that gave it a warm, lodge feel. There is a full bar area which is nicely decorated with a tree growing out of the ground lit up with white lights. It is romantic, but you could also brings friends or do business here. Could bring kids, but we never have.
Service: The service is always really good, we have had the same waiter several times. He is very efficient at bringing the dishes in a timely manner, refilling drinks and making sure we're taken care of.
Food: The first couple of times we went there, we ordered steaks and they were always properly cooked, moist and flavorful. We typically get some type of steak topping, which had been plentiful. The last time we went there, I ordered the shrimp scampi and I decided after that I'd stick to steaks. This time, here is what we ordered and details on each dish:
Bread - comes free with the meals, always warm and crunchy with soft butter
Salad - salads come with each entree and while they were fresh, they were just swimming in dressing (for both my hubby and I). And I am the person who ALWAYS gets extra dressing because I like alot of dressing and even for me it was way too much dressing. The salads aren't very big, but big enough to get some greens to go with your meat.
Steaks: The steaks were prepared well enough, but they weren't as tender as usual. They are normally very tender, moist and melt in your mouth. This time they weren't horrible, but they weren't that tender either. The amount of the extra topping on the steaks was meager for 3 bucks.
Potatoes: We both ordered the twice baked potato and my hubby commented that his was overdone on the top. The inside wasn't dried out surprisingly, though.
We passed on dessert.

All in all, it was worth the price of the groupon, but not more. I won't write them off yet, but their quality of food seems to be declining.
I really loved this place originally, so I'm sure we'll give them another try, eventually.