“Great food!”

On the Border
Ranked #57 of 189 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Love this place! Amazing food and great staff! This place is a regular for me and a friend who moved to the St. Charles area. The layout is perfect for families or groups who want to just hang out in the bar area. The bar area is seperate and large. Tables or just sit up at the bar. Large TV's for watching games! Never been anything but a great time here!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We live very close to this establishment. As with most chains, it's okay, nothing special and certainly not authentic. The problem we always have is that we order "To Go". We typically avoid ordering from here since the customer service for "To Go" is consistently poor. Poor phone manners, person answering phone for past few years always seems annoyed. Also website and menu both state online ordering is available; however, website redirects you round and round and you are never actually able to place an order. Tonight my husband phoned in an order and mentioned the online ordering did not work. The typically rude telephone person stated she'd "look into it" but did not sound sincere or like she gave a rip. Overall this place is decent enough if you feel like non-authentic Mexican but with the many, many other offerings in the area there is no reason to spend your money here other than for convenence purposes.

1  Thank ncocacola
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Welcoming, affordable and great selection. The homemade salsa is outstanding. The chicken chipotle soup was a really nice treat. Try it... It's the neighborhood real family South of the Border restaurant.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Every time I'm in St. Charles, I have to eat here. Just absolutely love this place. I'm sure it's not great for my health since the portions are so big, but since I don't live close to an On the Border, I'm sure once in awhile is OK.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Both my wife and I ordered the pick four off the menu. We know that it would be too much but since we were staying at a nearby motel knew that we would have leftovers for lunch the next day. We were stuffed when we left and had ample for lunch.