“Never knew this place existed. Great find. ”

E & S Fish Company, Inc
Ranked #9 of 180 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I never knew this place existed until I saw it on trip advisor. Finally we have a seafood restaurant close to home. The food, service, and ambiance were great. I will definitely come back with friends to share the great experience.

1  Thank JoeSit
There are newer reviews for E & S Fish Company, Inc

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

First time here. Nice guitar music in the background. Service awesome. Food cannot be beat. Better than a lot of downtown Chicago restaurants. You really need to give this a try. Make reservations. Menu options are limited. But that's what leads to the greatness of the food.
It is bring your own bottle. Which is awesome as well. No need to pay for overpriced wine. Bring a second bottle. All I can say, is i really love my first experience here. This is some seriously fresh fish.

2  Thank Pat P
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The name is now E&S Seafood. This is a retail fish store that also happens to make terrific lunch and dinners. The dinner service is only available Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Reservations are a must because there are only 18 seats. Menu is limited to typically 2 appetizer choices and three entrees. However Ernesto will cook anything that he has on hand in the retail case. Fantastic fresh fish, beautifully prepared right before your eyes. Ernesto's wife and children wait on the tables. This is BYOB- there is a liquor store in the same strip all that has a reasonable selection of wines.

6  Thank TravelerChicagoarea
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the most unique dining experience I have ever had. The owner Ernesto greeted us at the door and took us to our table. I put the RSVP in my wifes name, and there was a placard with her name on the table. It was our own personal table. The menu is limited to 2 appitizers and 3 entrees, but this is a fish store and the chef will make you any fish in the cooler. We started with some jumbo shrimp over a relish salsa, fantastic!! My wife had coconut crusted red grouper in a velvety coconut sauce, amazing!! I had mahi-mahi over a crab cake with veggies, awesome. We also had a great seafood chowder, the best I had. This place is different because the chef cooks right in the dining room. He cooks on a island with a stove and a double oven, it was like I was in a cooking class. He goes over to the reach in cooler, picks out the fish and seasons it right there. This is also a BYOB restaurant. You need to make a RSVP because they have very limited dinner hours. I can't wait to come back.

5  Thank Dom L