“Hidden gem”

E & S Fish Company, Inc
Ranked #8 of 189 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the most unique dining experience I have ever had. The owner Ernesto greeted us at the door and took us to our table. I put the RSVP in my wifes name, and there was a placard with her name on the table. It was our own personal table. The menu is limited to 2 appitizers and 3 entrees, but this is a fish store and the chef will make you any fish in the cooler. We started with some jumbo shrimp over a relish salsa, fantastic!! My wife had coconut crusted red grouper in a velvety coconut sauce, amazing!! I had mahi-mahi over a crab cake with veggies, awesome. We also had a great seafood chowder, the best I had. This place is different because the chef cooks right in the dining room. He cooks on a island with a stove and a double oven, it was like I was in a cooking class. He goes over to the reach in cooler, picks out the fish and seasons it right there. This is also a BYOB restaurant. You need to make a RSVP because they have very limited dinner hours. I can't wait to come back.

5  Thank Dom L