“My favorite!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Illinois City, Illinois
“My favorite!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go. We go here for every celebration - from birthdays to anniversaries. We stick to the hibachi but have heard the sushi is great and affordable. The hibachi portions are large and the food is delicious. They use high-quality meats and vegetables and the cooks are great. The service can be a little slow at times with regards to seating and drinks, but the ambiance and food make up for it. You never need a reservation - plenty of room!

• Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent sushi and the a great hibachi experience.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We love to bring the whole family here. They have great sushi at unbelievable prices. $1 sushi and $5 rolls. We order a large sushi platter at the hibachi tables and split a dinner while the kids eat their steaks. I especially like the shrimp at the hibachi tables. High quality, unlike some other establishments.

This still seems to be a "hidden gem" as you would not expect this in a strip mall, but I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went here once with the family for a celebration during the middle of the week. Wasn't too busy and we were the only ones at a hibachi grill. Unfortunately this place is in a small strip mall and aesthetically doesn't do it much justice. Actually I had no desire to go there until I purchased a restaurant.com certificate. We ordered quite a bit of sushi and ordered meals for the grill. The hibachi chef was very good and engaging. The hibachi food was excellent and everyone in our group raved about how good it was. We have been to many sushi / hibachi restaurants and I have to admit, it was good. The sushi was good and everyone enjoyed it just as much. Service was pretty good but wondered how it would be on a busy night.

• Visited April 2013
“Favorite restaurant”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We love coming here for our date nights. Our kids love this restaurant too. The service is always extra friendly. This is our favorite hibachi restaurant, better than Jurin, Domo, or Benihana's.

Saint Charles, Illinois
“I eat here every week”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I like this place so much I was pretty suprised it wasn't even listed on Trip Advisor so I wrote them to have this place added!

Don't let the cheesy strip mall exterior fool you, this place rocks. The restaurant consists of 3-4 hibachi gilling stations which I've never actually tried, with the other half of the place being a sushi restaurant / bar. The sushi and sashimi at this place has been delicious every time I've gone which is a lot!

I've made a habit of swinging by this place after work on nights I don't feel like cooking something. I order a few sushi rolls from the $5 roll menu which is a great dinner for $10. The rolls are 6 large pieces each which is enough to fill me up.

On date nights they do have an extensive dinner menu with steaks, lobster etc. but I usually take the sushi sheet and check off a bunch of items for a nice custom plate. If you'd rather have sashimi just tell the server and they will serve it sashimi form instead of sushi. The sashimi deluxe platter is around $30 and is enough for you to share with your date for a filling meal. They serve misso soup before the meal and sliced orange afterwards for desert.

My only gripe is the selection is not quite as extensive as I'd like. For the real exotic fish you'd have to go a few miles south to Swordfish and lay down big $$ if you lucky enough to get a table. For the value and friendly family atmosphere this place gets 5 stars and more of my money on a weekly basis!

• Visited September 2012