“Now a Favorite of mine.”
Review of Isacco Kitchen

Isacco Kitchen
Ranked #30 of 179 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern Italian Restaurant & BarModern Italian Restaurant & Bar
Chicago Il
“Now a Favorite of mine.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went for the first time and I really love this place. Small about 10 tables with outside dinning which I will try in the Summer. The homemade crab ravioli was awesome! Wines are not over the top priced and the menu does change seasonally.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Keekeechicagoil

Elgin, Illinois
“Not what we expected, but good.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were going to a 7:30p concert on a Saturday evening and needed a restaurant with a late kitchen. Isaaco was one of a few available with dinner service through 11:00p. The cottage-like building was right in the middle of a commercial parking area. We entered into a small congested bar area and were promptly greeted by the friendly owner who acknowledged our reservation (we were early), asked how the concert was and began to look for a table. After some confusion, we were seated in a rather dark corner in an adjoining small room. The tables and chairs seemed rather temporary and paper table cloths were used. The lighting was so dim it was difficult to read the menus which also seemed rather temporary and very short on description.

Thankfully, the server was knowledgeable and accommodating (had the music lowered from the overhead speaker) and compensated for the lack of information on the food and drink menus. We sampled appetizers and tasted each other’s entrees. Bottom line, it was all very good. The appetizers are actually quite large and there are enough offered to use the starters as a tapas menu. The homemade pasta, pork shank and salmon were first rate. Service was very good and the atmosphere though very casual was comfortable.

This is a serious restaurant disguised as an American Legion hall. The crowded plain furnishings and understated menus really don’t do it justice. We’ll return again now that we know what to expect and look forward to exploring what this chef has to offer.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank farnal
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Isacco is a Good Guy!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I noticed that there were not many reviews for this restaurant from out of state customers. Maybe we're the 2nd or 3rd out-of-staters to discuss it? I found this Italian eatery online via Trip Advisor while staying in the local hotel, Pheasant Run, which was also pleasant. Isacco was/is rated #3 of 115 in St. Charles. And we agree it is very, very good, indeed excellent. My wife and I really enjoyed it. We're from the Philly area and very familiar with good authentic Italian cuisine. Since I drove through Cicero, IL, (otherwise known as Al Capone environs) to get here, I won't try to claim superior rights to Italian food knowledge. We sat outside and the owner/chef came out to talk with us. We ordered his red wine recommendation. The salads, [fresh and bagged] bread, entrees and service were excellent. My wife and I recommend this restaurant. We really enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PaoliPAresident1
Hanover Park, Illinois
“Very good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I dined here while staying at Pheasant Run Resort. I had made a reservation earlier in the week, but when we arrived at the restaurant, they had no record of it. The inside of the restaurant is quite small. Fortunately, we arrived early enough in the evening that it was not a problem to get a table. However, when we left it was quite busy. They have a very nice outside seating area, but we did not utilze it as it was quite cool the night we went.

The food was quite good. We enjoyed the Corn Chowder more than we did the Beet and Squash salad. Teh beets and squash were quite good, but there was a lot of red onion, radish, etc that took away from the stars of the dish. It was just a little too busy. I had the Duck Ravioli, which was excellent and my wife enjoyed the homemade Tortellini. The dessert crepes werea great way to cap the evening.

• Visited July 2013
Usa, Japan
“Great time for Reasonable Price”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were a party of 4 and had Bruschetta Trio followed by White Fish Salad, Shrimp Scallop Diablo, Sae-Food Risotto, and Flank Steak. We topped it off with the Gelato Tasting. Entres were 22-28.
I think the Sea-Food Risotto ($28) was the winner.
We had great service and wonderful food.
I was happy with everything but the service was a little slow. Maybe we came at a bad time (Sat night). I will add photos later.

• Visited July 2013