“Fabulous Italian food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
“Fabulous Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here the first night we were staying at Pheasant Run. I had their bracciole special. The meat was quite tender, and the thick marinara sauce was by far the best marinara I have ever had. The pasta and thinner sauce were excellent too. She had veal in a Gorgonzola cream sauce, and this was great too. To start with service was slow, but that improved during our meal. In short,we loved it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Aurora, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DINNER AT SCARECROW FEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

On Oct. 11th, we went to Scarecrow Fest and decided to have dinner at Nuova Italia and what a fantastic choice we made. We had the Wood Burning Oven Pizza which was out of this world...closet ever to Naples,Italy!!! It was only $10 with sausage which was not big chunks but like ground sausage. It was big enough for the two of us esp after we had basket of hot Italian bread with oil and cheese. House cab was also awesome. I would recommend this to all. We will for sure go again...well well worth it. Also If Jaime, the waiter is still there is was the sweetest ever. Very helpful and attentive to our needs and questions. Thanks Jamie for giving us such a wonderful experience at this restaurant. You are an asset to this restaurant. Almost forgot the cheese cake was to die for with a great cup of coffee! Had a wonderful time at Fest also!

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Italian Restaurant in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I write again my review as by mistake I put it into the wrong place: I just moved to St Charles with my family from Italy and we have "discovered" this place one day walking in the park in front of it: that was a wonderful surprise! The employees are very, very nice, the owner is Italian and he knows how to manage an Italian restaurant. He's friendly and ready to listen every request you can have (they easily modify the menu and the offer they have basing on your preferences). We have tested the pasta, meat, pizza and risotto many times and we all (my wife, my kids and I) all agree this is by far the best Italian restaurant in the area. The food you can taste there is exactly the same you could have in every restaurant in Italy; real Italian food and pizza cooked in wood oven. I'm sure that if you'll go there once you will return. Great food, good quantity and very reasonable prices; on top of this a wide offer of excellent Italian wines not expensive at all. Highly suggested. P.S. The restaurant is located into an old Church and the place is big but very, very nice.

• Visited August 2013

1 Thank Guido1971
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Fabulous Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our food was so great here - we tried it with fingers crossed, not sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised! We started with the Caprese Salad - it was huge and so delicious! We upgraded to the special which included prosciutto and a higher grade of mozzarella. SO good! We also had the pizza - okay, seriously some of the best pizza we have ever had and that's saying a lot! Plus, it was only $10 for a rather large pizza! We finished up with the Tortellini - I am a tortellini fanatic so I was stoked that they had it on the menu. The vodka sauce was fabulous and it was perfectly cooked. We had excellent service, but we were one of only a few tables that were filled. Atmosphere is just okay - wish they would have played up the old aspect of the church rather than trying to modernize it with faux painting, etc. Hopefully it stays in business, because we will definitely be going back!

• Visited July 2013