“Good, not comfortable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Dinner on a business trip. The outside patio is gorgeous, but too cold to eat outside. it was colder inside, both temperature and ambiance. Food was good, not outstanding, nothing really to excite the tatste buds.
The office set up seems ideal to stop by for a drink and appetizers on the way home from work.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch on a Saturday while in St. Charles for the annual scarecrow festival - the last time we were at this location it was McNally's Irish Pub, which has moved further west. The layout is pretty much the same (a pub with lots of tables both inside and out) except that there are now bathrooms on the main floor rather than upstairs. I ordered the beet salad with chicken while my wife had the mac and cheese. The latter was a pretty large and tasty portion. I liked my salad except that it arrived without any dressing. Service was good. We would go back here if in the St. Charles area.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband had eaten at The Office once before and decided to take us here for lunch on a Sunday. I liked the ambience of the restaurant and even though we did not sit outside, liked the feel of the outside eating area. We ordered the pretzel appetizer, 2 burgers, and a Rueben, not complicated order by any means. When our server entered our order in the system, the restaurant was maybe 60% full at the most. We waited over 20 minutes for our appetizer. Our server would disappear from 10 to 15 minutes at a time, leaving our glasses empty. Our table was by the kitchen door so we watched and heard panic-looked servers and serving assistants almost knocking each other over. We heard one server yell to the person seating people "Don't seat any more people. The kitchen is too backed up!" (Again, the restaurant was no where near capacity.) Our server finally came over and said our order would be up soon because they were so busy and the kitchen could not keep up. We had been waiting 45 minutes already. When our food finally showed up, neither my daughter nor my husband who ordered hamburgers liked them - - - there was something in the meat or the bun that did not taste right. They kept the food since we had to be somewhere else to be. We told our server who did nothing. My Rueben was average. The server did not offer us anything (not even a sincere apology) for the long wait. Poor food and service= Highly doubtful that we will return when we spent near $60 on a meal for 3.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Second time here. Once for a midweek lunch and most recently for a Saturday night drink. My wife and I stopped here after leaving another place due to it being too crowded and nowhere to sit. We decided upon The Office as the outdoor patio seemed not overly crowded with younger kids. The outdoor patio has several sit down bars with a 10 foot long fire in the middle so people can sit around it. It adds a nice outdoor ambiance and it's easy to talk. Seems to attract a 30+ crowd there. There's other tables to sit at if you don't want to sit around the fire. We were there around 9:30 pm on a Saturday night and was only half full. Our waitress was very friendly but not overly attentive. We ordered some nachos that were OK but nothing special. It's a good place to go with someone else or in a group.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went into restaraunt midway through our 30 mile bike ride. Was not very busy and we were seated immediately. Plenty of wait staff who looked at us but never came to our table. Waited 15 min and left. Went to Beehive Pub up the street for great food and service. This was the second time at The Office. First experience was slow service and mediocre food. We thought we would give it another shot and were obviously disappointed.