“Great Stay in St. Charles Fairfield Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Sanford, North Carolina
“Great Stay in St. Charles Fairfield Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We spent three great days at the Fairfield Inn in St. Charles, IL. The hotel was clean throughout, the free breakfast was fantastic and the staff complied enthusiastically with our every request. This location was also perfect for our visits throughout the Elgin-to-Batavia area. I would highly recommend this hotel for your recreational and business needs.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and there was no road noise any of the nights. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Moe1970,

Thank you so much for posting your review on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so glad to see that you were well taken care of during your 3 nights in the Batavia/Elgin area.

I am ecstatic that you enjoyed our breakfast and the staff provided the kind service you deserve.

Thank you again. We look forward to having you again in the future.

Kimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for a short 9 hours after work until I could safely drive home in the morning. The room was quiet. While clean, it appeared dated. It was well below freezing out yet there was no comforter on the bed. It looked nothing like the photos. The closet door was broken. There were stains on the chair. I stayed here a couple years ago and the room then was very nice, exactly like the photos. I am wondering if I was given an inferior room as there was a discount for our employees staying at the hotel. Most hotels provide microwave and mini fridge in every room. I was disappointed to have to go back downstairs to use the microwave. The breakfast however was very good. Fresh fruit, eggs (although not enough - it was 7:30 when I ate and there were only a few spoonfuls of eggs left), various whole grain breads for toast. There were other items I did not have such as waffles, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Very nice.

While I appreciated a warm bed to sleep in, I think I was given a very small, inferior room due to the discount offered. I think $94 for a very small room in St. Charles is extremely over priced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Illinois1,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your most recent visit. I am sorry to read that you felt you were given an inferior room at the hotel. The housekeepers work very hard to remove any stains and make sure the room is well maintained and clean. I assure you that rate discounts do not affect the decision on what room you receive at the hotel.

I am happy to see that you liked our updated breakfast that includes hot items like sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit.

We hope that you decide to give our hotel another try in the future.

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and convenient. Had a great stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful for the months leading up to our wedding and as well on our wedding day. They even helped organize our 3 different shuttle services for our guests and made sure everyone had accurate directions.

Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Lucas G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel and sales team. I am happy to see that you and your family were well taken care of throughout the booking process for your wedding event. Our entire team prides themselves on providing our guests with a clean hotel, comfortable rooms and courteous service.

Congratulations again on your marriage.

Mineral Ridge, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean. Nothing extraordinary about my stay or the hotel. I would recommend this property. Nothing bad to report just not as nice as many of the other Marriott properties where I have stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear JP4808,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your hotel experience. I am glad to see that our staff was friendly and that overall you were satisfied with your visit with us. We hope that if you stay with us again, we look forward to the opportunity to make your time with us above and beyond your expectations.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I started by accidentally deleting my reservation for the hotel. By the time I discovered it an hour later, the room had been re-booked and the hotel was sold out. The end of the long story is that Allison from the hotel kept track of the rooms and called me when one became available. Never have I had this kind of service from any level of hotel! So with that start, it couldn't possibly continue that well but it did. The most wonderful people are chosen to work at that hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. The hotel was clean and very quiet. The woman who was working in the breakfast area was right on top of everything so it was always clean and well stocked even though it was really busy in there. I do tend to love Fairfield Inns and this one was no exception but the staff of this location made it even better than I expected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear bonb1545,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am happy to see that you had a great experience with our hotel. Alison is definitely at great asset to our hotel. She values each of our guests and works extremely hard to accommodate requests and needs. So glad that she was able to help find a room at our hotel for your visit to town.

Maria our breakfast hostess is great too. It is amazing how she can keep items stocked, area cleaned and take great care of each of our guests during a busy breakfast morning.

Thank you for recognizing our team for their service. We hope to have you again in future.

White Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business -
1. The first night I called for a wake up call twice. The phone continued to ring without answer...It wasn't automated and after about 20 rings each time, I hung up.
2. The next morning, no hot water for the shower. Ugh
3. The second morning showers in surrounding rooms started at 5 a.m. It was so loud it woke me up--no need for a wake up call.

The employees are warm, friendly an apologetic. Next time, I will see what other options I have in the area. A co-worker who has stayed there before assured me that that it was not normally like this, but....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MITraveler_13
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear MITravler_13,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am sadden to see of the issues you experience at the hotel. With regards to your phone, I wonder if the phone was not working correctly to connect to our front office team, who are the ones that set wake-up calls.

With regards to the noisy morning you had at the hotel. We don't typically have guests note hearing other guests showering or plumbing noises. Regardless, please accept our apologies.

Finally, we deeply apologize for the the lack of hot water for your morning shower. We experienced a hotel boiler technical problem during your visit which caused the issue.

Again we are sorry to hear of the problems that occurred at the hotel. I am happy to see that despite these short comings, our associates were empathetic and caring. I welcome you to reach out to me or Alison, our GM at 630-845-5500 to discuss these issues in further.

Thank you again for your review.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed here many times. Each time the desk staff was very friendly and ready to help with special requests. The room was very clean and even had my favorite....a coffee pot.The breakfast was plentiful well presented including a fresh fruit salad and the most friendly kitchen staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Kathy,

I'd like to thank you for the review on our hotel! We are very pleased with our team here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites St. Charles and we're glad that they gave you a great experience!
We also pride ourselves on our housekeeping staff. They do a great job at keeping the hotel nice and clean!

We hope to see you back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in St. Charles soon!

Justin
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva
4.5 of 5 stars 120 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!