“Maybe it is just the 3rd floor?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
White Lake, Michigan
“Maybe it is just the 3rd floor?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business -
1. The first night I called for a wake up call twice. The phone continued to ring without answer...It wasn't automated and after about 20 rings each time, I hung up.
2. The next morning, no hot water for the shower. Ugh
3. The second morning showers in surrounding rooms started at 5 a.m. It was so loud it woke me up--no need for a wake up call.

The employees are warm, friendly an apologetic. Next time, I will see what other options I have in the area. A co-worker who has stayed there before assured me that that it was not normally like this, but....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MITraveler_13
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear MITravler_13,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am sadden to see of the issues you experience at the hotel. With regards to your phone, I wonder if the phone was not working correctly to connect to our front office team, who are the ones that set wake-up calls.

With regards to the noisy morning you had at the hotel. We don't typically have guests note hearing other guests showering or plumbing noises. Regardless, please accept our apologies.

Finally, we deeply apologize for the the lack of hot water for your morning shower. We experienced a hotel boiler technical problem during your visit which caused the issue.

Again we are sorry to hear of the problems that occurred at the hotel. I am happy to see that despite these short comings, our associates were empathetic and caring. I welcome you to reach out to me or Alison, our GM at 630-845-5500 to discuss these issues in further.

Thank you again for your review.
Kimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed here many times. Each time the desk staff was very friendly and ready to help with special requests. The room was very clean and even had my favorite....a coffee pot.The breakfast was plentiful well presented including a fresh fruit salad and the most friendly kitchen staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Kathy,

I'd like to thank you for the review on our hotel! We are very pleased with our team here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites St. Charles and we're glad that they gave you a great experience!
We also pride ourselves on our housekeeping staff. They do a great job at keeping the hotel nice and clean!

We hope to see you back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in St. Charles soon!

Justin
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The staff here is second to none. The moment i entered with my family they were asking what they could do to make our trip more pleasant. They printed off directions, as well as recommended things to do and places to eat. Kudos to the young man and woman i interacted with. On Sunday the hotel was having water issues to the point where we all had to take luke-warm showers. Wasnt happy with that, so at check out i brought up the problem and the same two desk agents were there. They both were empathetic and offered me a 10% discount. I normally would have taken the offer but since the service was so pleasant, i declined.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LadybytheLake,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel here in St. Charles. I'm pleased to here that you were happy with our hotel staff! We take great pride in tending to our guests! I apologize for the hotel issues. On very busy weekends, thats when we're vulnerable for problems. I hope you the issues won't keep you from returning to our wonderful property! We look forward to giving you the best possible experience!
Byron, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Normally I travel 3 to 4 days a week on business, so I stay at many different Marriot locations throughout the year. I had reserved 3 rooms for our family on Sunday May 26th just prior to Memorial Day, to attend a graduation. In all my stays at any Marriott's or any other hotel chains, my family and I have never been treated more like family and the staff was so accommodating. It was a pleasure and extremely relaxing to stay at this location. I can not say enough GREAT things about the Fairfield Inn in St Charles and their staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Rick M,

Wow what a great review. Thank you so much for sharing your comment as well as visiting our hotel. It was such a pleasure having you and your family for Memorial Day weekend for such a special occasion.

Your review definitely means a lot to us. We know you travel several days a week and have a choice among many hotels in town. We are so happy to see that your experience with us was a great one.

Thank you again. We hope to have you visit the Fairfield Inn & Suite St. Charles family again in the future.

Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Currently on 2nd night of 3 night stay and at midnight heating/cooling system makes a series of noisy clicks and can't sleep and also refrigerator quits working! No rooms to switch to. Then the guy I talked to said will have to wait until morning and had the "oh well" attitude. Finally I just turned of the heating/cooling system and very stuffy. Will be calling corporate, and will expect soe compensation!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Lovetotravel1969,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the air conditioning unit and the refrigerator in your room. This clearly does not meet our quality standards.

I am also sorry you were dissatisfied with the staff member on duty and felt he failed to provide you with the service you desired. It is our intention to exceed our guest’s expectations and clearly we were not successful.

I welcome you to contact me personally or our General Manager Alison Papini at 630-845-5500 in order that we may discuss your experience in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,
Kimberly Nickels
Assistant General Manager
Machesney Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family was staying at the Fairfield for our daughter's wedding. Many were from out of town and needed to get into the rooms as as soon as possible to change into tuxedos and formal dresses. The management bent over backwards to get us in early and take care of our needs. They were absolutely awesome the next morning when we used the meeting room to open wedding gifts. Thanks so much for making a stressful and fast paced weekend a joy for us. From our family you all get five gold stars!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Phil R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review on our hotel and staff. Weddings are definitely a special occasion and I am glad to see that our team provided everyone with the support they needed for the event.

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your family's memories!

Danvers, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just a few blocks from the Kane Co market. We found lots of great shoping near by. You are also near a lot of great places to eat. This is a safe high class town and this hotel is in the best part of town. We will stay here next year too. Keep up the good work St. Charles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy G
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Timothy G,

Thank you for the great review. You described St. Charles perfectly with its great shopping near by and lots of choices of restaurants.

We are so glad your experience was enjoyable. We look forward to having you again next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!