“In Geneva for a wedding”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fairfield Inn was a clean hotel and the staff was great. The rooms need updating but the rates were fine. I would have liked local news in the breakfast area but it was non stop national Fox News for the 5 days we there, funny we stayed at the Marriott Renaissance for a flight the next morning and the same station was on. Please show local news and weather so I feel like I really am in a different city. Must be a Marriott thing.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rnothlich
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Rnothich,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent experience at our hotel this month. Sorry to see that you were not able to watch the local news during breakfast. We start the morning on a local news station and by guest request we change the channel. Don't hesitate to ask to next time you are in town or even visiting another Marriott property, we would be happy to accommodate the request.

Thank you again for your review and for allowing us to be part of the wedding weekend.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would like to share an excerpt from the note I sent to this hotel, they are great!

Normally I do not have much to say about my visits but today I do, I have to tell you what an OUTSTANDING experience I had at the St. Charles Fairfield Inn & Suites.

I travel frequently as a consultant and have stayed at more expensive hotels but I have to say the service and experience I had at your hotel rivals that of any 5 star hotel. I would like to share with you a couple of examples:

I was walking to the elevator on the 3rd floor heading out for the evening with my guest and there was someone from housekeeping in the hall heading to her cart, she stepped over and pushed the elevator button so the elevator would be waiting for us. She did not call the elevator for herself, she went back to her cart and kept working, I was so impressed.

The next morning I took my luggage to the car and grabbed some trash to throw out in the large can outside the entrance of the hotel. Another person from housekeeping (guessing that based on the uniform) held the door while I walked up and waited as I threw away the trash.

The woman at the front desk was amazingly welcoming and friendly and helpful when we arrived and checked in.

Lastly, my guest brought her own pillows and in our hurry to leave, she forgot to pack them, when she called they were already identified and she is planning on picking them up this week.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the customer service I received at your hotel, I am so sorry I did not stop to find out their names when I thanked them each time for their service so I could recognize them by name but I want you to know, I have already shared my experience at your hotel with several friends and know I will be using your hotel for all my St. Charles stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kimberly C
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Kimberly C,

Thank you so much for sharing your great review about your stay at our hotel. We instill each of our staff members to provide excellence in service and we are extremely proud that you were able to experience this throughout your visit. While our guest service team gets recognize for providing wonderful service, I am so happy that you noticed the service within our housekeeping department. Like you mentioned not all hotels provide great service and at the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Charles we make service our top priority.

Thank you again for sharing this review and we look forward to being your new vacation home!

Kimberly Nickels

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in St. Charles because I was in town to run the St. Charles Marathon. I requested and received a late checkout because I wanted to be able to take a shower after the race. Due to a minor medical problem, I was not able to return until just before the check-out time. Despite this, the front desk clerk was very accomodating and allowed me to take the time I needed to get cleaned up. I really appreciated this after the stress of dealing with the medical issue. Overall, the hotel is nice and in a great location. And as I mentioned, the staff was very considerate and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dominic G
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Dominic G,

Thank you so much for providing a great review of our hotel and staff. I am glad we were able to accommodate the extra time to refresh after partaking in the Fox Valley Marathon. I heard there were 3,000 participants this year running along with you. Hope you enjoyed the experience in St. Charles despite the medical need you had from the event.

We hope to see you again for next year's event!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The front desk staff is extremely friendly, the room is spacious and clean and the television has a lot of channels! This is our second visit to this property and we will book this hotel whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rckautz
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear rckautz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. Our guest service staff is definitely one of a kind. They live by the Fairfield motto of providing our guests the service that makes them want to come back. So glad that you were well taken care of for your stay this month.

Hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

From the minute you walk in, it has a warm inviting lobby that is very clean and always welcomed by the staff as we came and went. In the evening their are cookies usually on the reception counter. The rooms are nice and clean, pool was great, breakfast had plenty of options (breads, waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, juices, coffees, teas) My picky kids were always able to find plenty to eat. You can walk to Wendy's or Skippy's but if you want a sit down restaurant or other fast food you are just minutes away. Everything is very close. Fitness room is nice and if you don't have your own computer to connect to the Wi-Fi, you can always check on the computers in the lobby. Definitely would stay here again. If you stay for a week the rate is cheaper than the nightly rate. It is well worth the money for what you get. A+ hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happybree3
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Happybree3,

Wow! What a great review. We could not have asked for a better overview of our hotel and staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all these details with other travelers to St. Charles. If you travel back to the area, we hope to take care of you again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Very nice staff,good breakfast and large breakfast room,clean rooms,nice remodeled common areas,nice pool area,within walking distance of Geneva Commons and close to downtown Geneva
If you are going to do shopping at the Commons this is the place to stay! They also found my daughters Nook for her that she forgot when she fell asleep and it must have dropped behind the bed. We called after realizing she didn't have it,we were at the Commons and by the time we got to the hotel someone had gone down and found it in the room. Thank You!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jchc1208,

Thank you for the wonderful review on your experience at our hotel and trip to St. Charles. We are happy to see that your family was well cared for during your shopping adventures. We are indeed in a perfect location for shopping.

Our staff takes lost and found items seriously and I am glad to see that your daughter's nook was found quickly.

Thank you again for your time and for including our hotel and staff in your adventures. We hope to have your family again should you come back to town.

Kimberly Nickels

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a great time at the hotel, All the staff we had contact with were super friendly and eager to help. I had a couple of requests that were fulfilled promptly. The front desk , the ladies at the breakfast, some of the cleaning personal, all very very friendly and always smiling.

The only thing I would point out is that the bathroom on our suite looked little worn out. The tiles were broken and badly repaired. It is not a big thing, just something that just doesn't look right for the price of the suite.

Another note I'd like to make is that there is no whole milk for the kids; only 1% and 2% which makes me have to go around to get the milk every time.

Great Location, right across from a huge mall, Geneva Commons, I think. I will most likely go back if again in the area and the price seems competitive.

Room Tip: Room on the top floor and away from elevators. Mine was on the east/north side and worked out great...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear myra60607,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing great service and I am so happy that you mentioned how wonderful the staff was during your stay.

I do apologize that we don't carry the whole milk for breakfast. While we do have lots of families that stay with us, we don't have enough of a demand for whole milk and it would expire if we regularly had it available. We are however, steps away from a 24 hour Meijer store and a Jewel that guests can purchase from.

Thank you again for joining us for family visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!