“WOW. Make a special trip for this ice cream!”
Review of Kimmer's Ice Cream

Kimmer's Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Saint Charles
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband said, "This may be the best ice cream that I have ever had in my life."

When we visited St. Charles one weekend, we actually stopped and had ice cream twice in the same day. That's how good it was the first time.

Salted caramel ice cream on a salted pretzel cone. The perfect blend of sweet and salty.

The sparkle cone, both yummy and a girly delight.

There are newer reviews for Kimmer's Ice Cream

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is the kind of place I like to patronize if I can. It's a small, independently owned shop -- it is not part of a chain, as so many ice cream places are. The owner, Kimberly Elam, is from Batavia, so if you stop here you are definitely "dining locally." There are about a dozen (perhaps more?) flavors of ice cream every day. You can get typical flavors like vanilla, chocolate or butter pecan, but Kim also offers gourmet flavors, such as red velvet cake and caramel sea salt.

The caramel sea salt ice cream is amazing, not just for the flavor, but the texture. It is amazingly thick, smooth and creamy. So thick it's almost "chewy." I've had it several times now. If I could, I would eat it every day. I've also tried the butter pecan, Aztec chocolate (spicy dark chocolate), regular chocolate (which is deep and rich, like chocolate pudding), and red velvet cake. All were delicious and had that same wonderful rich, thick texture.

Prices are about what you'd expect for a place with "gourmet" ice cream -- I believe cones start at about $3. Service is a little disorganized when the shop is crowded, but the staff is young and energetic, and I found them attentive and helpful.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Interesting flavors that you won't find anywhere. Excellent ice cream, could be a few more choises though. How about Rum Raisin?

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Always good, sometimes wish for more variety. Nice spot, great tasting stuff.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We live within walking distance of Kimmer's and visit about once a week in the Summer. It's usually busy after dinner, but they move the line quickly and are super friendly. They have all of the "normal" flavors you might be looking for and some great unique and different options.