“What a dump!!!”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“What a dump!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This hotel is NOT for families. Would recommend for High school after-prom parties or prostitutes.
OLD DIRTY SMELLY. Countless things wrong with room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Joycewilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Monona, WI
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We were pleased with the value for the price. Nice staff, decent breakfast, exercise room, and quiet. Did not use the small pool.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was a little wary after reading some bad reviews, but once we got there we were satisfied. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and allowed us to check in a few hours early without any hassle. The lobby is neat and clean, and the free breakfast was nothing fancy but a nice touch. We also appreciated the free wi-fi and free parking. The hotel's location is convenient and close to the main thruways in St. Charles with many restaurants and shopping options within a short distance.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfy. We noticed that some electrical outlets were not working, and the shower was slow to drain. But overall, we had a very comfortable stay. Knowing that this is a budget-friendly hotel, and not intended to be a ritzy 5-star stay, we had realistic expectations. Overall, we were happy with the basics that this hotel provided and feel that it was worth the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our first room looked clean, but as I opened the drapes I found peanut shells on the carpet, by the air conditioner and then by the sink area, yuck, as I'm leaving I noticed a mans sock by the wall, obviously this room had never been vaccumed. So I took a quick look at the sheets, they looked clean, but had holes all over them. The girl at the desk apologized and gave me a new room, before moving all my stuff I went in and checked it out, it was vaccumed and the sheets had no holes, I took it. I got all set in the new room and went to use the bathroom, when I shut the door I noticed the floor and it had hair all over it, so gross, I cleaned the floor myself, and wouldn't take off my shoes for my entire stay. I have stayed at Days Inn before but this was by far the dirtiest. I will never stay there again and not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelinwindy

Travelers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

Burlington
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I wasn't sure how this hotel would be because of negative reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. It was newly remodeled and the pool was warm and great for my grandkids. The room was comfortable and except for the bathroom towel rack being off ,it was very nice and sound proof as well. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was enough to get you going with the typical items . The value was great and the restaurant next door is really good with banana splits in a kitchen sink dish. If you eat it you get a bumper sticker. It's right down the road from a mall and lots of retaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Disgusting room, dirty bathroom, torn furnishings, definitely not worth the price. Should be torn down.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darcy09
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This hotel was dirty, smelled, and had poor staff. When I arrived I had to wait for the desk clerk to get off her cell phone. I stayed on the 3rd floor. This floor had a queer smell and the air was damp as soon as I departed the elevator. The cleaning staff woke me up @ 8am, by being quite noisy in the hallway. What woke me up was a woman yelling at her staff. When I left the room, I had to traverse piles of laundry, 4 or 5 service carts, and 3 people. The people were quite unconcerned with clearing a path for my daughter and I and the aforementioned woman was still yelling instructions to her staff. The room was nothing special. Although, the smell from the hallway permeated everything and the air conditioner was quite loud. There are many hotels within a mile radius of this hotel. No reason to stay here.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
The Herrington Inn & Spa

Been to Geneva Motel Inn? Share your experiences!