“Good value.”

Geneva Motel Inn
Geneva Motel Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We were pleased with the value for the price. Nice staff, decent breakfast, exercise room, and quiet. Did not use the small pool.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Geneva Motel Inn

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was a little wary after reading some bad reviews, but once we got there we were satisfied. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and allowed us to check in a few hours early without any hassle. The lobby is neat and clean, and the free breakfast was nothing fancy but a nice touch. We also appreciated the free wi-fi and free parking. The hotel's location is convenient and close to the main thruways in St. Charles with many restaurants and shopping options within a short distance.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfy. We noticed that some electrical outlets were not working, and the shower was slow to drain. But overall, we had a very comfortable stay. Knowing that this is a budget-friendly hotel, and not intended to be a ritzy 5-star stay, we had realistic expectations. Overall, we were happy with the basics that this hotel provided and feel that it was worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our first room looked clean, but as I opened the drapes I found peanut shells on the carpet, by the air conditioner and then by the sink area, yuck, as I'm leaving I noticed a mans sock by the wall, obviously this room had never been vaccumed. So I took a quick look at the sheets, they looked clean, but had holes all over them. The girl at the desk apologized and gave me a new room, before moving all my stuff I went in and checked it out, it was vaccumed and the sheets had no holes, I took it. I got all set in the new room and went to use the bathroom, when I shut the door I noticed the floor and it had hair all over it, so gross, I cleaned the floor myself, and wouldn't take off my shoes for my entire stay. I have stayed at Days Inn before but this was by far the dirtiest. I will never stay there again and not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelinwindy
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I wasn't sure how this hotel would be because of negative reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. It was newly remodeled and the pool was warm and great for my grandkids. The room was comfortable and except for the bathroom towel rack being off ,it was very nice and sound proof as well. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was enough to get you going with the typical items . The value was great and the restaurant next door is really good with banana splits in a kitchen sink dish. If you eat it you get a bumper sticker. It's right down the road from a mall and lots of retaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Disgusting room, dirty bathroom, torn furnishings, definitely not worth the price. Should be torn down.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darcy09
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This hotel was dirty, smelled, and had poor staff. When I arrived I had to wait for the desk clerk to get off her cell phone. I stayed on the 3rd floor. This floor had a queer smell and the air was damp as soon as I departed the elevator. The cleaning staff woke me up @ 8am, by being quite noisy in the hallway. What woke me up was a woman yelling at her staff. When I left the room, I had to traverse piles of laundry, 4 or 5 service carts, and 3 people. The people were quite unconcerned with clearing a path for my daughter and I and the aforementioned woman was still yelling instructions to her staff. The room was nothing special. Although, the smell from the hallway permeated everything and the air conditioner was quite loud. There are many hotels within a mile radius of this hotel. No reason to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DrEECS
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I was in town for my mother’s 90th birthday celebration and had intended to stay for a week at the Days Inn near her house. I arrived on Thursday, March 20, and a heavy snowfall had already been predicted for Friday, so any business should have had ample opportunity to arrange for snow removal ahead of time. It was snowing when I awoke on Friday, March 21, and by afternoon, when I returned from running some necessary party-related errands, the steep drive to the entrance of the Days Inn was snow-covered and difficult to manage in my rental car. I asked the desk clerk if they intended to clear the drive and parking area, and I was told that they were going to do that. Other business establishments were clearing their properties throughout the day as the snow continued to fall, but no snow removal equipment was used at the Days Inn, although a snow plow was parked in one of the guest parking spots.
I am a senior citizen and was very concerned about my safety. The footing was treacherous from the main entrance all the way to the parking area on the other side of the drive, which by Saturday morning was covered by two to three inches of glare ice. I asked to have salt put down on the ice and was told that they were planning to do that. I was wearing dressy clothing for the party and could barely make it to my car without ruining my shoes. The footprints and tire tracks in the parking spots had left deep holes and ruts, which by that time had frozen so that there was almost no place to set a foot near the cars, and the drive was a solid sheet of ice with no sign that any attempt had been made to ensure the safety of the guests; no sand or salt had been used.
I made another request, informing the desk clerk (a third one) that I had already slipped three times on the drive and that with my back problems, I could not afford to take chances with my safety. I was again told that they would be taking care of the problem.
When I returned from the party Saturday evening, absolutely nothing had been done. The Days Inn drive and parking area were the only ones in the St. Charles area that were in that condition. Unfortunately I had used up the batteries in my camera, or I would have taken photographs of the Days Inn and the adjoining restaurant parking lot to show the difference. The restaurant lot did not have a trace of snow or ice, because that establishment had removed the snow on Friday before it had a chance to become a problem.
I told the desk clerk that I would have to leave the Days Inn to find a safe place to stay for the remainder of my visit in St. Charles. By the time I reached my room after speaking to her, the phone was ringing, and I thought it might be the manager telling me that sand and salt were on the way. However, it was the desk clerk informing me that since I would NOT be staying for the full week, my room rate would be increased!
I checked out on Sunday morning, paying the full rate instead of the discounted rate, and had to make five trips across the ice to put my belongings in the car because the footing was so treacherous; I wanted to keep one hand free to break my fall if necessary.
If Days Inn is not concerned with the comfort of its guests, then it should at least be concerned about its liability. I informed the desk clerk that if I fell and suffered an injury, Days Inn would be paying for it, and her only response was a blank stare.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Geneva Motel Inn? Share your experiences!