“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Geneva Motel Inn

Geneva Motel Inn
Geneva Motel Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Isanti, Minnesota
“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have never had a more horrid hotel experience in my entire life. You NEED to continue reading this review before making a decision to stay here. For the sake of your health DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Upon check in, the hotel was dirty and smelled like smoke. Upon further inspection, the room was FILTHY. Since we arrived so late and drove 8 hours to IL, we decided to stay the night anyways. The next day was spent away from the hotel with the "do not disturb" sign on the door for fear of an employee riffling through my belongings. When we got back to the room the second night I pulled back the sheets to crawl into bed and found a small white pill (photo included) in my bed. Since the cleaning crew was not in my room during the day, this told me that the sheets were not changed. Luckily the room had a second bed. I pulled back the sheets to bed #2 and was mortified to find large BLOOD AND URINE stains on the mattress pad (photo attached). THIS HOTEL DOES NOT CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!!!!

I immediately checked out of the room and went to one down the street. After battling for over two weeks with the hotel manager and with customer care, they refused to reimburse me for the price of the hotel room. How can a facility #1 - have BLOOD AND URINE on the bedding and expect a customer to stay there and #2 - NOT reimburse me for the room???? On a side note, the hotel manager (Susan) wouldn't return my phone calls and when she finally did (after calling her 2 or 3 times) she lied to me and said she wasn't at the hotel to receive my messages until 3 days after my stay. Her clerk told me she was in fact there. Someone was lying (my guess it was Susan). After I explained to her what I found in her hotel she didn't apologize, empathize, etc. She offered me 30% off my stay which was NOT acceptable to me.

I escalated this issue to Days Inn Customer Care and I was treated even WORSE - and even hung up on my a customer service manager. What kind of company is this?????

Please... learn from my experience and DO NOT book at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelcoordinatorMN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I have lodged my staff of 20 here in 10 rooms for 2 years in a row, and plan to be back next year. I have a young tech-savvy crew that loved the easy Wi-Fi. I left valuables in the room when I checked out and the housekeepers immediately took them to the desk where they were secured. The staff then contacted my wife at home to get my cell number and notify me of the situation. I was VERY relieved to get their call!
It is a very short walk from this Inn to our two favorite eateries, Colonial Inn and Gino's Pizza. It is a wonderful way to introduce my new staff members to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed here the day before Easter. All the reviews of a dump/dirty are true. I have photos on my phone and when I figure out how to post them I will. Most of the towels in the bathroom were stained. This place obviously cannot invest a few bucks in bleach. There were yellowish and brown stains on the towels. The sheets and pillowcases all but 2 had mascara type looking stains, and other yellowish stains, the one bed had a blood stain! I am not a forensic lab tech, but I am fairly certain it was blood. It was spot and it was a deep reddish rust color. GROSS. I stayed in Room 219. It was very "lovely" to see that in both pictures over the bed were dead bugs between the glass & matting. There are bugs trapped in the light fixture in the bathroom. The carpet in the hallway need to be cleaned. The elevator floor, doors, walls, are in bad shape. The glass windows that look into the pool in the lobby are covered in handprints, as well as the front doors. The clerk was pleasant, but if this were my hotel I would make sure they took Windex and paper towels and cleaned the glass - such minimal effort. C;mon folks! This property is OBVIOUSLY franchised, and franchised by foreigners. And NO I am not a bigot - but my experiences had been that Indian owned properties are usually in bad shape. The bathroom off of the pool - had a chunk of FECAL MATTER on the floor - (poo) GROSS!~ The table in the pool area was dirty and sticky. However, the pool seemed clean and was a very nice temperature. Surprisingly the beds and pillows albeit dirty were comfortable.

Room Tip: go elsewhere if u can
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MidwestMom97

Travelers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This hotel is NOT for families. Would recommend for High school after-prom parties or prostitutes.
OLD DIRTY SMELLY. Countless things wrong with room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Joycewilson
Monona, WI
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We were pleased with the value for the price. Nice staff, decent breakfast, exercise room, and quiet. Did not use the small pool.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was a little wary after reading some bad reviews, but once we got there we were satisfied. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and allowed us to check in a few hours early without any hassle. The lobby is neat and clean, and the free breakfast was nothing fancy but a nice touch. We also appreciated the free wi-fi and free parking. The hotel's location is convenient and close to the main thruways in St. Charles with many restaurants and shopping options within a short distance.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfy. We noticed that some electrical outlets were not working, and the shower was slow to drain. But overall, we had a very comfortable stay. Knowing that this is a budget-friendly hotel, and not intended to be a ritzy 5-star stay, we had realistic expectations. Overall, we were happy with the basics that this hotel provided and feel that it was worth the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our first room looked clean, but as I opened the drapes I found peanut shells on the carpet, by the air conditioner and then by the sink area, yuck, as I'm leaving I noticed a mans sock by the wall, obviously this room had never been vaccumed. So I took a quick look at the sheets, they looked clean, but had holes all over them. The girl at the desk apologized and gave me a new room, before moving all my stuff I went in and checked it out, it was vaccumed and the sheets had no holes, I took it. I got all set in the new room and went to use the bathroom, when I shut the door I noticed the floor and it had hair all over it, so gross, I cleaned the floor myself, and wouldn't take off my shoes for my entire stay. I have stayed at Days Inn before but this was by far the dirtiest. I will never stay there again and not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple